Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the difference between these?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I have been looking at this on the new layout and I can't figure out what the difference is in these two. The envelope is open in one and closed in the other but the say the same thing. Just wondering ;) not the most important thing in the world, but anyway.

Screen_shot_2012_07_02_at_222659.png
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you rollover the envelopes on a forum, the open envelope is classified as [Hot][New] as opposed to the closed [Hot].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I have been looking at this on the new layout and I can't figure out what the difference is in these two. The envelope is open in one and closed in the other but the say the same thing. Just wondering ;) not the most important thing in the world, but anyway.

Screen_shot_2012_07_02_at_222659.png

The one with the open envelope is a thread you've read that's "hot" but has new posts. The one with the closed envelope is one you've read and there are no new posts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

The one with the open envelope is a thread you've read that's "hot" but has new posts. The one with the closed envelope is one you've read and there are no new posts.
    Kinda like the opposite of reality where you look on the table at the post.
    The open ones with letters sticking out are the ones you've read and the closed ones contain unread post, however, they're all new as they're still on the table.
    The red ones are just bills and shouldn't be read unless absolutely necessary... :D

*runs*

Advertisement