Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Embedding Swf files

Options
  • 02-07-2012 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

If i have say a 70 page, flash file fully coded and ready to go, do i need to upload each scene to a different html file or can i put them all in directly?

sorry for all the questions still getting my head around this :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I don't really understand what you're doing. Does your base flash file not call the other ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

thats what i was confused about, bascilly i've made a site in flash, and figured it out last night just need to embedd the swf file. Theres around about 70+pages in it because of galleries and stuff i was just afraid it wouldn't work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm sure it will work, It will probably take about 10 minutes to load though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Any ideas how to cut down loading time?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Any ideas how to cut down loading time?

Compression? Also all Apple media devices don't support Flash, so if you want many mobile users to be able to access the site make sure there is an alternative html only version. I imagine a 70 page application made in flash with picture galleries will be very large though, even compressed. Might be better off looking into Wordpress and porting the site over from Flash (Flash should really be avoided these days anyway, most of what you can use it for from a design pov HTML/CSS/JavaScript will do)

Nick

• Advertisement
Advertisement