Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day Uk And Ireland Tour 2012-13

Options
  • 02-07-2012 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

This Is Supposed To Be In The 18th Of July Issue Of Kerrang!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

391423_10151233993538356_1627106682_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Not that I don't believe it, but will there def be an Irish date on it? Can't see poster well enough

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Mushy wrote: »
    Not that I don't believe it, but will there def be an Irish date on it? Can't see poster well enough

I Dont Know But They've Never Skipped Ireland Before!

I Dont Know But They've Never Skipped Ireland Before!

My line of thinking too until Muse ruined it. Just wouldn't surprise me if they didn't play this tour, then did a festival (re-branded Oxegen) next year with Muse. Although the amount of space for dates would indicate otherwise, unless its two dates (London & Manchester) with lots of text for each.

/overthought

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

All depends on when this tour is due to take place, my money would be on the end of 2012 or the first quarter of 2013, that rules out any outdoor shows at that time.

• Advertisement

I'd Say It'll Be The Way They done There Last Tour Arena Tour In The Autumn/Winter
    Outdoor Summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Knew it was coming. The only question is how many dates will I do this time . . . .

scudzilla wrote: »
    All depends on when this tour is due to take place, my money would be on the end of 2012 or the first quarter of 2013, that rules out any outdoor shows at that time.

I imagine an Oct/Nov arena tour, be shocked if was any later.
    I'd Say It'll Be The Way They done There Last Tour Arena Tour In The Autumn/Winter
    Outdoor Summer!

Usual touring cycle for bigger bands. I assume tix be very expensive if they play here?

391423_10151233993538356_1627106682_n.jpg
    Where was this image taken from anyway? Kerrang?

I'd say Oct/Nov to tie in with the Theatre production of American Idiot in UK/Ireland, would then get the odd surprise appearance from the band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Where was this image taken from anyway? Kerrang?

Think so! Mightn't be the final poster if the magazine is still 2 weeks off i'd say, (dunno how long before it goes to press, anyone?) but should be close.

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'd say Oct/Nov to tie in with the Theatre production of American Idiot in UK/Ireland, would then get the odd surprise appearance from the band
    Forgot about that tbh!
    London dates for the musical are Dec 3-8. November might make sense with appearances at those last few dates. They do love London! (Did an intimate Foxboro Hot Tubs show there on the last arena tour)
    Would make sense anyway to me.

Think so! Mightn't be the final poster if the magazine is still 2 weeks off i'd say, (dunno how long before it goes to press, anyone?) but should be close.

Ah balls, i missed that.

No way would a pic, over 2 weeks from being printed, be leaked. It could well be a fake, like all the fake festival pics that do the rounds.

Where was it said that this was gonna be in Kerrang on 18th July?

That poster in the OP is fake anyway

That poster in the OP is fake anyway
    How do you know its fake? Was it confirmed or what?

Specal guests;)

Specal guests;)
    Damn, it's so blatantly obvious I feel like an idiot for missing it :P

If Anybody Hasn't Heard It Yet Here It Is

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CalvinHynesss

Did anyone notice It says "Plus Specal Guests" There is a misspelling in the word "Special" I more than likely doubt this poster is real...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

That's been mentioned 2 and 3 posts above yours..

While here though, has anyone got today's Kerrang?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CalvinHynesss

Sorry didn't see it!^;

• Advertisement

There's no announcement, it was just the usual sh!t talking by the editor to sell issues. Supposed to be a decent interview though!!

No surprises. Am sure they will have to announce soon, unless first run is European fests.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I think they said in the Billboard interview that they were touring in the US between November and January. They're hardly going to come here before then unless it's a one-off club show like they're doing before Summer Sonic in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Tre posted this on Facebook today:

"Getting ready for the first leg of the Trilogy tour....let's rock JAPAN, UK, GERMANY, FRANCE, ITALY, and USA...for now...your town soon!! I love this ****!"

And he also posted this:
    "keep checkin in, I will drop hints to where we may play (secret style) or I may forget and gloat about how cool it was the next day. ????"

Secret show, but where?

There's a rumour of them playing a secret show in the UK this month. I am so there if it happens. It could be nothing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭hynesie08

There's a rumour of them playing a secret show in the UK this month. I am so there if it happens. It could be nothing though.

obviously not if it's a secret :)

hynesie08 wrote: »
    obviously not if it's a secret :)

They always announce them with enough time beforehand for someone to nip over on a plane. The last time they did a 'secret' show in England it was announced the day before.

Check out the location before Paris, (26/8/12) ;)

426632_3298966407700_784420175_n.jpg

Billie Just Put Up On Instagram
    "Hello England! What rhymes with shredding??!!"
    So Green Day Playing reading!!

• Advertisement

Billie Just Put Up On Instagram
    "Hello England! What rhymes with shredding??!!"
    So Green Day Playing reading!!
    Yea a secret set on the Friday or saturday apparently

Advertisement