Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day Uk And Ireland Tour 2012-13

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Dublin or Belfast tour day would be great! Wonder if they'll do outdoors again, Marlay Park was unreal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

They're definitely doing Dublin, I will be very surprised if they don't do Belfast as well. Both sold out last time. Not sure about MP, it didn't sell well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They're definitely doing Dublin, I will be very surprised if they don't do Belfast as well. Both sold out last time. Not sure about MP, it didn't sell well.

They will either do 2 arena dates (Belfast and Dublin ) or one big outdoor show like Marlay

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

They're definitely doing Dublin

Where did you hear that? Any date yet?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

GastroBoy wrote: »

More likely a guess based on the fact they sold out Dublin and Belfast last time. Nothing official has been announced yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

GastroBoy wrote: »

Stereoboard have their dates under the heading 'Green Day UK and Ireland tour dates. Only has Emirates show so far though.

Mushy wrote: »
    Stereoboard have their dates under the heading 'Green Day UK and Ireland tour dates. Only has Emirates show so far though.

They usually have UK and Ireland tour dates for most artists

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just listened to the new album. It's really good! Very much a return to the Green Day of the mid-late 90's. Some great songs, Carpe Diem so far my favorite. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just listened to the new album and the only word i can use to describe it is 'SAFE'

Typical Green Day, maybe a few tracks will grow on me but on first listen nothing really stood out.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just listened to the new album and the only word i can use to describe it is 'SAFE'

Typical Green Day, maybe a few tracks will grow on me but on first listen nothing really stood out.

Agreed , the songs they have realised so far have been pretty boring imo . Might look up a few songs online

• Advertisement

I've met every Green Day album since "Warning" with some amount of caution tbh, but after a while the songs grow on me and it stays on repeat for a few weeks. I'd imagine these three albums will be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I think when you consider they're releasing 3 albums in less than 6 months then it's not surprising that one of them was gonna sound like this, I think this is the more fun of the three, almost like what Foxboro Hot Tubs was to 21st Century Breakdown. I really like it, it's obviously not gonna change the world, but as the first installment of a trilogy it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Agreed , the songs they have realised so far have been pretty boring imo . Might look up a few songs online

Whole album is out there......somewhere......on tinterwebz ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I'd expect European dates to be announced next week, tickets are going on sale for the Emirates next Friday (28th) so thats what i'm basing it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

scudzilla wrote: »
    Whole album is out there......somewhere......on tinterwebz ;)

I have listened to 4 songs so far, ohh love I think is whinny and annoying, but the other 3 are pretty solid fun pop punk songs

Bought the album today. Can't wait to finish college and listen to it. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Has the album been officially released here today or do we come under the UK release date of the 24th?

Nugget89 wrote: »
    Has the album been officially released here today or do we come under the UK release date of the 24th?

Nope came out today in Ireland

Nugget89 wrote: »

Its available to buy in iTunes today, not sure if the hard copy is available yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Nope came out today in Ireland

Sweet!! Off to HMV later so. Thanks

• Advertisement

On the album inlet it has an album named 'Quatro', with Jason White (?) I think it is. It's alike the first 3. What's all that about? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

On the album inlet it has an album named 'Quatro', with Jason White (?) I think it is. It's alike the first 3. What's all that about? :O

Unfortunately that's "just" the making of DVD that comes with the deluxe boxset :pac:

Unfortunately that's "just" the making of DVD that comes with the deluxe boxset :pac:

Oh right I thought it was going to be a secret fourth album. :O still good enough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Have you guys seen this crap from last night? (from about 7:30 on in the vid below)

Basically, Usher went way over his time-slot at the iHeartRadio festival and the promoters cut Green Day after 7 songs to make way for Rihanna. Not cool. But then Billie Joe went off on a rant, had a total Axl Rose moment, essentially said "Don't you know who I am?!" and then he and Mike smashed their guitars and stormed off.

I don't know if it's cause I'm not 15 anymore, but I think BJ comes off as a total assh0le in it. The whole thing was cringeworthy and really unprofessional. Trash-talking Bieber just makes him look pathetic - I don't like Bieber, but come on, he's 40 and was slagging off an 18-year-old who wasn't even there. I used to love GD so much (there was a point in school where I only listened to GD :o) but this, coupled with the mediocre new album, is seriously putting me off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭bren2001

Have you guys seen this crap from last night? (from about 7:30 on in the vid below)

Basically, Usher went way over his time-slot at the iHeartRadio festival and the promoters cut Green Day after 7 songs to make way for Rihanna. Not cool. But then Billie Joe went off on a rant, had a total Axl Rose moment, essentially said "Don't you know who I am?!" and then he and Mike smashed their guitars and stormed off.

I don't know if it's cause I'm not 15 anymore, but I think BJ comes off as a total assh0le in it. The whole thing was cringeworthy and really unprofessional. Trash-talking Bieber just makes him look pathetic - I don't like Bieber, but come on, he's 40 and was slagging off an 18-year-old who wasn't even there. I used to love GD so much (there was a point in school where I only listened to GD :o) but this, coupled with the mediocre new album, is seriously putting me off :(

I'd be pretty pissed if my set got cut short because Usher over ran and they wanted Rihanna on stage. Rock and or roll aint dead it seems :pac:

With all his argueing he could have just finished Welcome To Paradise and then went on his rant or kept playing . I do agree it was unfair for their set to be cut 20 mins while Rihannas would'nt be touched .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

i agree with him,

he didn't go over his set, why should his be cut short and not usher or Rihanna, At least his passion for putting on a good show isn't dead nor is rock and roll :D

Axl Rose tantrums as you say result when the crowd don't worship him as he thinks they should when they come on 90 minutes late, Green Day in this sense where on time and wanted to put on a show, but where given, oh love, and half of basketcase and an old fashioned guitar smash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Well yeah, I would be angry too if my set was cut short (especially to make way for the likes of Usher and Rihanna), but his reaction was worse.
    I think it made him look obnoxious and immature. Whinging, badmouthing the promoters and smashing guitars worth a small fortune without a second thought... He could have dealt with it better. He could have had another song in the time it took him to have that rant, left the stage (or just kept playing like the other acts must have done :P) and then complained later. The "I've been here since 1988!" crap makes him sound full of himself. He's a professional musician, not a 5 year old child.

Just my opinion, though and I know a lot pf people disagree and think it's the epitome of rock n roll. To each their own! :)

Like I said, I used to love GD. I still like them, but less and less with every vid like this... :(

Anyone see this? It was posted on Green Day's Facebook page. -

"Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse. We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."

Hope he's okay soon. :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

Advertisement