Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day Uk And Ireland Tour 2012-13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Anyone see this? It was posted on Green Day's Facebook page. -

"Billie Joe is seeking treatment for substance abuse. We would like everyone to know that our set was not cut short by Clear Channel and to apologize to those we offended at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas. We regretfully must postpone some of our upcoming promotional appearances."

Hope he's okay soon. :(

Well, this explains a lot. A bit awkward for Mike cause he was smashing up stuff too, when it turns out that they weren't being sent off at all. Hope Billie's path to recovery is a smooth one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Really sad to see BJ in the kind of state he's in on stage there. He seems ok at first but you can tell he's a bit out of it. Would have thought at this stage he'd be more responsible with all that stuff, really hope he recovers soon enough. Wonder why they were saying Green Day had 1 minutes left at the festival when it seemed they actually had longer.

Really sad to see BJ in the kind of state he's in on stage there. He seems ok at first but you can tell he's a bit out of it. Would have thought at this stage he'd be more responsible with all that stuff, really hope he recovers soon enough. Wonder why they were saying Green Day had 1 minutes left at the festival when it seemed they actually had longer.

I reckon it's just that the timers were set up at the start of the day and weren't changed when Usher ran over his slot. The "1 minute" sign was probably for the time they were originally supposed to finish but cause they started so late, they were meant to ignore the timers and keep going til the end of their set. The whole thing may have been a (fairly embarrassing) misunderstanding...

(Speculation, could be wrong)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I reckon it's just that the timers were set up at the start of the day and weren't changed when Usher ran over his slot. The "1 minute" sign was probably for the time they were originally supposed to finish but cause they started so late, they were meant to ignore the timers and keep going til the end of their set. The whole thing may have been a (fairly embarrassing) misunderstanding...

(Speculation, could be wrong)

Yea thats what i was thinking , that they never changed the clock thing due to Usher going over time and probably let them do their full set , but because BJ obviously wasnt all there that night didnt realise it

Ah right, that makes sense. I was thinking that Usher was on after them and they wanted to give him a longer set. I suppose that seems a fair enough misunderstanding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

They just announced a UK date, London. It's first June 2013.
    There had better be an Irish one too. :(

They just announced a UK date, London. It's first June 2013.
    There had better be an Irish one too. :(

That gig was announced ages ago.

I'd love to see Green Day at the Emirates. Saw them in Wembley two years ago which was great and as an Arsenal fan to see my favorite band at the home of the team I love would be special, don't think it'll happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

Have you guys seen this crap from last night? (from about 7:30 on in the vid below)

Basically, Usher went way over his time-slot at the iHeartRadio festival and the promoters cut Green Day after 7 songs to make way for Rihanna. Not cool. But then Billie Joe went off on a rant, had a total Axl Rose moment, essentially said "Don't you know who I am?!" and then he and Mike smashed their guitars and stormed off.

I don't know if it's cause I'm not 15 anymore, but I think BJ comes off as a total assh0le in it. The whole thing was cringeworthy and really unprofessional. Trash-talking Bieber just makes him look pathetic - I don't like Bieber, but come on, he's 40 and was slagging off an 18-year-old who wasn't even there. I used to love GD so much (there was a point in school where I only listened to GD :o) but this, coupled with the mediocre new album, is seriously putting me off :(

haha i thought that was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

That gig was announced ages ago.

I'd love to see Green Day at the Emirates. Saw them in Wembley two years ago which was great and as an Arsenal fan to see my favorite band at the home of the team I love would be special, don't think it'll happen though.

Presale for Idiot Club members started this morning (Wednesday). Got the membership when I preordered the new albums. Not heading to the Emirates myself. Bit steep and I would much prefer to wait for arena shows before making the trek over to the UK again

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Norway have a date, 30th June, and also Russia 21st & 23rd June.

I hope they wont have Oxegen as the stop off in Ireland, feckin hate that thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think Green Day have lost a lot of their appeal. I seen them a few times, a few years ago now, and loved them...but they seem to want to appeal constantly to their younger fanbase and teenage frustration...once I entered my mid 20s I started to become more and more detached from their music...especially their newer material, since they are always trying to appeal to that 14-18 age group and never really looking at their older fans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I'm thinking the storm off and going into rehab is for the benefit of the "documentry" they're filming,

In the eyes of the documentry

The stress of recording 3 albums, promoting and touring take there toll, he has the meltdown comes out and has an amazing recovery,

Think it's all staged tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

srm23 wrote: »
    haha i thought that was brilliant

I thought he sounded like more of a twat than usual, which is saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

They will either do 2 arena dates (Belfast and Dublin ) or one big outdoor show like Marlay

Might do both again, especially since there are 3 albums coming out. This tour could last a while :p

Well, this explains a lot. A bit awkward for Mike cause he was smashing up stuff too, when it turns out that they weren't being sent off at all. Hope Billie's path to recovery is a smooth one smile.png

I thought that was amazing, would be extremely shocked if Mike didn't realise that BJ was overreacting and clearly of an unsound mind. I imagine he did it to sort of balance things out.

Pinkpop Festival
    First headliner confirmed for Pinkpop 2013: Green Day! They will be headlining the Main Stage on the final day (Sunday 16th of June) of the festival! We all remember their great show at Pinkpop 2010 and are very happy to welcome them back in Landgraaf!

They have a few lined up now, Sweden and Russia as well apparently?

If they play Oxegen.......

American rock icons Green Day have confirmed that pop-rock outfit Kaiser Chiefs and Baltimore pop-punk band All Time Low will be supporting them at their highly-anticipated gig in London’s Emirates Stadium next June.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Really thinking of heading over to London for it. The fact that they haven't announced an Irish gig upsets me. :(
    They better not play Oxegen, but I'd still go. It won't be the same though. :(

There'll definintely be an Irish show at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

There'll definintely be an Irish show at some point.

That's great news, thanks. What is your source?

• Advertisement

Bluefoam wrote: »

Ah they wont leave Ireland out , they wont announce all their shows in once . Id expect any of the outdoor/festivals in Ireland to start being announced before X-Mas and Green Day could be one of them

Bluefoam wrote: »

The knowledge that they've been coming here since 1991? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

All remaining tour dates for 2012 have been cancelled.I know its a long way off now but hope they're sorted out before the Emirates..
    http://www.greenday.com/news/press-release-92506

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

What a pity. Get well soon BJ.

Have been confirmed for Bilbao BBK Live 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Dos! Is streaming over on the RTE website,

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/1106/greenday.html

It's a strange one imo, Green Day are not making it easy for me to like the
    new material

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Dos! Is streaming over on the RTE website,

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2012/1106/greenday.html

It's a strange one imo, Green Day are not making it easy for me to like the
    new material

What is this?! :(

It sounds like an exercise in genre studies... "Let's see how many different genres we can squeeze onto one three albums". I guess it's objectively good (as in they're fairly good songs musically) but not subjectively, it's not what anyone really wanted out of a Green Day album.

Dos! is terrible in my opinion, Uno! is ten times better.

The band is confirmed to headline the Rock The Beach Festival in Helsinki on June 26th!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/entertainment/green-day-announce-new-dates-for-rescheduled-tour-579701.html
    Green Day announce new dates for rescheduled tour

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 12:06 PM

Green Day have rescheduled their cancelled tour.

The 'Holiday' rockers were forced to abandon plans to play in support of new albums '¡Uno!, '¡Dos!' and '¡Tre!' last year after singer Billie Joe Armstrong was admitted to rehab for substance abuse problems, but have announced replacement dates starting in March this year.

The group - which also includes Tre Cool and Mike Dirnt - said: "We want to thank everyone for hanging in with us for the last few months. We are very excited to hit the road and see all of you again, though we regret having to cancel more shows."

Billie's issues became apparent when he launched into a foul mouthed rant on stage at the HeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas last September, after which the group cancelled all scheduled performances so he could go to rehab.

Billie took time to thank fans for their "support" during his difficult time and shared his excitement at being able to play again.

He wrote: "Dear friends, I just want to thank you all for the love and support you've shown for the past few months. Believe me, it hasn't gone unnoticed and I'm eternally grateful to have such an amazing set of friends and family. I'm getting better everyday.

"So now, without further ado, the show must go on. We can't wait to get on the road and live out loud! Our passion has only grown stronger."

Green Day will now start their tour in Chicago, US, on March 28

Green Day US and Canada tour dates 2013:

Mar 28 - Chicago, Allstate Arena
    Mar 29 - Moline, I Wireless Center
    Mar 31 - Pittsburgh, Consol Energy Center
    Apr 01 - Rochester, Blue Cross Arena
    Apr 03 - Philadelphia, Liacourias Center
    Apr 04 - Fairfax, Patriot Center,
    Apr 06 - Uncasville, Mohegan Sun Arena
    Apr 07 - Brooklyn, Barclays Center
    Apr 09 - Providence, Dunkin Donuts Center
    Apr 11 - Toronto, Air Canada Centre
    Apr 12 - Quebec City, Quebec Colisee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭johnbobtheslob

Its looking highly unlikey they will be playing in Ireland during the summer :(

Advertisement