Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day Uk And Ireland Tour 2012-13

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Its looking highly unlikey they will be playing in Ireland during the summer :(

Dunno why you say that, they're playing all over Europe this Summer, its hardly too late to announce a date here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

A friend of mine emailed MCD asking about an Irish GD gig here and apparently MCD are going to confirm something soon enough, supposedly Monday or within the next week with the same support acts as Emirates.

Tbh, I'm realllyyy doubtful it's true, but I'm really hoping it will be. :D
    I probably shouldn't get so excited though. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe could be Green Day with special guests

YouMeAtSix and All Time Low since both bands are making an announcement on monday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

A friend of mine emailed MCD asking about an Irish GD gig here and apparently MCD are going to confirm something soon enough, supposedly Monday or within the next week with the same support acts as Emirates.

Tbh, I'm realllyyy doubtful it's true, but I'm really hoping it will be. :D
    I probably shouldn't get so excited though. :(

Ask your friend to forward you the email, i reckon they're talkin crap, MCD would not send a mail saying it will be confirmed soon, they just wouldn't respond

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

We have no information at the moment or news will be announced shortly.

That would be the most they'd usually say.

• Advertisement

Green Day announced as final headliners for Leeds/Reading festivals.

Reading: Fri 23rd August.
    Leeds: Sat 24th August.

Still living in hope for an Irish date. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Mr.S wrote: »
    Belsonic as a warmup for Reading / Leeds with FOB could be possible...
    Far too big for Belsonic. My money's on Green Day and Fall Out Boy playing Tennents Vital

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭the galway secret

Would it be too optimistic to hope for them to be added to electric picnic seems their playing in england week before or to be added as a headliner for oxygen

Would it be too optimistic to hope for them to be added to electric picnic seems their playing in england week before or to be added as a headliner for oxygen

Definitely not oxegen and I'd be surprised at EP. I'm holding out hope they might get a Pheonix Park gig, might be a bit big though.

Marley park id be thinking if was anything like that

• Advertisement

Marley park id be thinking if was anything like that

Longitude is on in Marlay so I wouldn't be surprised if they were the only gigs to take place there this Summer. Pheonix Park on the other hand now has a schedule that looks like:

July 10 - Justin Timberlake
    July 11 - No act yet
    July 12 - No act yet
    July 13 - The Killers
    July 14 - Mumford & Sons

Nothing to say that the 11th and 12th will definitely have gigs but it would make sense. Green Day could possibly play one of those nights. Just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

Longitude is on in Marlay so I wouldn't be surprised if they were the only gigs to take place there this Summer. Pheonix Park on the other hand now has a schedule that looks like:

July 10 - Justin Timberlake
    July 11 - No act yet
    July 12 - No act yet
    July 13 - The Killers
    July 14 - Mumford & Sons

Nothing to say that the 11th and 12th will definitely have gigs but it would make sense. Green Day could possibly play one of those nights. Just a guess.

Don't think Phoenix Park could hold anymore gigs, the ground would be destroyed

ya it would be unlikely for anymore in phoenix park so marlay would seem the only realisitic option if any

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

They're already playing a festival in Portugal on July 12th but they're not scheduled in for anything on the 11th...long shot, but it would be nice if they took that spot at Phoenix Park.

Would be so amazing if they did what they did in 04 and play a smaller show here around the time of Reading/Leeds.

I doubt the 11th, they'd be taking a day off then, but it'd be cool. :P
    Watching out for GD coming here between July 13th and August 23rd.. Having a whole month off like. :pac:

I'd say we're looking at later in the year, startish of 2014 now having their own stadium tour. It's just looking like playing at festivals for the moment. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

had a dream last night a gig was announced today for Croke Park with Slash and Miles Kennedy and Guns n Roses as support.

Actually had to google it to make sure it was just a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭rebel89

Would be great if they made it here before the end of the year. I was at the Emirates Saturday and it was brilliant, he's still got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Apparently Mike told a UK fan on Instagram(?) that they would be back to the UK more than once by the end of the year. They usually include Ireland on UK tours, so it might happen :)

Apparently Mike told a UK fan on Instagram(?) that they would be back to the UK more than once by the end of the year. They usually include Ireland on UK tours, so it might happen :)
    Hopefully he's not just talking about Reading and Leeds

allanb49 wrote: »
    had a dream last night a gig was announced today for Croke Park with Slash and Miles Kennedy and Guns n Roses as support.

Actually had to google it to make sure it was just a dream.

Gas, I dreamt last night that they announced a Dublin show but it was happening tonight and it was a race against time to get tickets

Still convinced that the only reason they haven't announced a show here yet is because they'll do one either side of Reading and Leeds :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

rebel89 wrote: »
    Hopefully he's not just talking about Reading and Leeds

The exact quote was: "Actually the uk will probably get to see me more than my kids this year so Chillax! All in due time!". Sounds like they'll be doing a UK tour of some sort, which usually means we'll get a show here too :)

Also MCD have apparently applied for 2 more gigs in Marlay Park in August

Ugh, no not Marlay Park again =/

The exact quote was: "Actually the uk will probably get to see me more than my kids this year so Chillax! All in due time!". Sounds like they'll be doing a UK tour of some sort, which usually means we'll get a show here too :)
    That sounds promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Also MCD have apparently applied for 2 more gigs in Marlay Park in August

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Source?

His uncle knows a taxi driver who picked up the younger brother of one of MCD's office juniors :rolleyes:

Source?

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/06/05/the-five-stages-of-longitude-and-august-shows-for-marlay-park/
    It’s also interesting to note the existence of another licence application from MCD for “concert consisting of music performance” at Marlay Park on August 3 and 4, the same weekend as Oxegen in Punchestown Racecourse.. Application OEL 02/13 was lodged on May 24 and the relevant application is not currently online. Again, as has become the norm this summer, it’s Festival Republic who are taking the lead, a further sign of the Live Nation takeover of the Irish live music business.

But sure that's only 7 weeks away....surely it would need to be announced sooner than that to sell enough tickets? Unless it's a double headline? And Reading and Leeds is at the end of August, so would it make sense for them to play here on the 3rd and 4th with nothing else in between?

Well they only announced Kasabian and Noel Gallagher the day of the RHCP gig last year . If it is Green Day id say we will def get Fall Out Boy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Well they only announced Kasabian and Noel Gallagher the day of the RHCP gig last year . If it is Green Day id say we will def get Fall Out Boy

could see maybe green day, fall out boy and funeral for a friend or maybe even system of a down if we were lucky on one day
    and maybe muse, biffy clyro and bastille for the other?

cant think of anyone else who would be touring. maybe kings of leon but dont think theyve sold out belfast yet

Advertisement