Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day Uk And Ireland Tour 2012-13

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Well they only announced Kasabian and Noel Gallagher the day of the RHCP gig last year . If it is Green Day id say we will def get Fall Out Boy

I imagine that it would be a double headliner/few bands or whatever if that's the case.

Still desperately hoping for an Olympia show at the end of August:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I imagine that it would be a double headliner/few bands or whatever if that's the case.

Still desperately hoping for an Olympia show at the end of August:p

Good luck in gettin tickets if that happens, MCD will probably allow people to buy 8 each :rolleyes:

scudzilla wrote: »
    Good luck in gettin tickets if that happens, MCD will probably allow people to buy 8 each :rolleyes:

Yeah, would be a bitch to get tickets for. Still want it to happen though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but according to the Irish Times its looks like Oxegen might be getting moved to Marley Park because of poor sales. More than likely not a Green Day gig.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/06/12/whats-on-the-cards-for-dublins-marlay-park-on-august-3-and-4/

lc180 wrote: »
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but according to the Irish Times its looks like Oxegen might be getting moved to Marley Park because of poor sales. More than likely not a Green Day gig.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/06/12/whats-on-the-cards-for-dublins-marlay-park-on-august-3-and-4/

Didn't actually cop that it was the same weekend as Oxegen...would make sense though I suppose.

Ah well.

GREEN DAY 4 OLYMPIA 2013.
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

lc180 wrote: »

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2013/06/12/whats-on-the-cards-for-dublins-marlay-park-on-august-3-and-4/[/QUOTE]

I'm not expecting a GD gig in Marlay, but that article is all speculation. It is weird that MCD booked Marlay the same weekend as Oxegen, but I don't think they could suddenly turn it into a non-camping festival (not least because then anyone not from Dublin would need accomodation nearby and people won't want to pay that). Odd behaviour from MCD all round this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Another year almost gone and no Green Day. :(

Next year? I hope! :D

Don't know what's going on with the lack of shows on this album(s) tour. Very disappointing. Although Billie did mention that they'd be coming back to Europe 'soon' during his acceptance speech at the EMAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Don't know what's going on with the lack of shows on this album(s) tour. Very disappointing. Although Billie did mention that they'd be coming back to Europe 'soon' during his acceptance speech at the EMAs.

Billie Joe being in rehab when the albums came out kinda got in the way there. There didn't seem to be very much promotion for the second two at all, possibly because they didn't know how long he was going to be out of action. And now it seems he was busy recording that album with Norah Jones too...

Billie Joe being in rehab when the albums came out kinda got in the way there. There didn't seem to be very much promotion for the second two at all, possibly because they didn't know how long he was going to be out of action. And now it seems he was busy recording that album with Norah Jones too...

I know they pushed forward the release of Tre, it was originally meant to come out in January this year. But I don't think they even rescheduled all of the US dates on the tour in March/April so it was quite short. They also only did a handful of European festivals/stadium shows over the summer with only 4 shows in the UK if you include Reading and Leeds. And with no mention of when/if there would be a second leg of the tour. I think a lot of people were just generally disappointed that they didn't play much in the way of new songs at the shows they did do. At the show I went to there were very few new songs played.

I wonder if the collaboration with Norah Jones was a more recent thing because in an interview during the summer he was asked whether he was doing any musical collaborations and he said yes but he didn't want to give too much away. I can only assume that this is it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong have revealed in a new interview with BBC Radio 2 that they plan to take a 'break' following their upcoming Australian tour.

An excerpt from the interview can be found below.

"We're going to Australia, doing a tour there and then we're going to take a break. We haven't really been doing much. So it's just nice to kind of do some other things, y'know, when we get ready to do Green Day again, our batteries will be charged.

Advertisement