Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Misfits fans around munster?

Options
  • 02-07-2012 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

I was just wondering today while i had "skulls" is there much misfits fans around munster or ireland in general? Whether its danzig or graves fans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

There's exactly 138

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have their Walk among us and Earth AD albums and Collection 2 compilation but they wouldn't be my favourite band by a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Hallyington

bassey wrote: »
    There's exactly 138

I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Find as many My Chemical Romance fans as ya can, dress them up in their favourite Misfits clobber, parade them around towns and villages around the country. Then identify any 'alternative' types who look sickened by this show, count them up, you'll be close enough to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

misfits were a good band but i could never understand how they got hijacked by the mcr types

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Misfits: the only band to have possibly sold more t-shirts than cds.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Nope. That'd be the Ramones.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Zero1986 wrote: »
    Misfits: the only band to have possibly sold more t-shirts than cds.

In fairness to The Misfits, CDs weren't really on the go when they were actually good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

dregin wrote: »
    In fairness to The Misfits, CDs weren't really on the go when they were actually good.
    Well albums to be less precise, you get the idea. I guess they had that whole imagery that appealed to the likes of MCR and Aiden fans and they lapped it up in their droves, the music seemed to come second to them. Which is a shame really because I have Collection I & II and they have some great songs, however there were far better punk bands than the Misfits around in the late 70's and early 80's.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I honestly don't know em that well at all, but I picked up an LP with a load of early recording on it and it's pretty awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

The box set is fairly good. I picked it up years ago, 4 CDs full of early tunes and lots of demos etc. Some cools stuff. :)

Advertisement