Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO & Noctua NH-D14

Options
  • 02-07-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

anyone have either of these? seen them recommended elsewhere for the i5-3570K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

they're both good coolers, but in completely different price categories.

do you have the 3570K? will you be overclocking? what's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GS540

I actually have both of these and believe it or not the difference in cooling is only about 3-5C with the NH-D14.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    they're both good coolers, but in completely different price categories.

do you have the 3570K? will you be overclocking? what's your budget?

I will be getting the 3570K and will be overclocking but not straight away. that's why was gonna see if worth while getting the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO now and maybe the Noctua NH-D14 down the line. seen the HR-02 Macho get recommended but can't get that so was thinking of the Hyper 212 as an alternative but seen the Noctua recommended as an alternative to water cooling

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭BhoyRayzor

GS540 wrote: »
    I actually have both of these and believe it or not the difference in cooling is only about 3-5C with the NH-D14.

the Hyper 212 seems to be a good bang for yer buck one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GS540

Yeah it really is. only reason i got the d-14 is because its soooo much quieter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement