Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 15 Results

Options
  • 02-07-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Heartbreak in Seattle!

Nervy game in the NFC West clash. Seahawks got very lucky in 1st half with some poorly timed interceptions thrown by Ryan, one going for 6 as the 1st quarter ended.

A fair few 3 and outs through out game for both teams.

Cardinals dominated the air but Hillis ran beautifully, including a touch down from 44 yds, making his game 153 yards.

BUT.... mid-way through 4th quarter he suffered a career ending injury with some fractured vertebrae.

Final Score 13 - 23 to Seahawks

Some Peyton Hillis Stats for season
    Rushed for 1158 yrds - 10 TDs rushing
    Received 234 yds - 2 TDs

Cant find career stats...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

That's a tough break with your play off run.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

etloveslsd wrote: »

yeah.. my best receiver taken out last week as well

Not impressed with my medical team right now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Does it say career over?

New York Gaints 21 - 10 Atlanta Falcons

The Giants second indoor game in as many weeks, and once again Drew Brees fails to live up to expectations and for the second week Alex Smith has come off the bench to impress, even though he only had 6 pass attempts.

It was a nervy game as the Giants were out to avoid injury and The Falcons wanted to keep their slim play off hopes alive. Atlanta received the kick off and put together a nice drive, mixing it up with short runs and then killer 3rd down convertion passes. The drive was ultimately fruitless as Hartley missed the field goal wide right. It did tire out the Giants defence and their offence didn't do them any favours.going 3 and out on the opening drive with Brees being hit or sacked on each play.

It was The Falcons who ended Brees' season last year in week 5, and they seemed determined to end his play off dream too.

The Falcons drove again with the Giants defence getting frustrated not being able to get off the field , until Tim Mingley forced a fumble from Williams which Clayborn recovers and is injured while being tackled. That knocked him out of the game but thankfully only the game.

Finally the Giants get moving down the filed mixing rushes between Tomlinson and Lamothe, capping an impressive drive with a 9 yard pass to Meecham for the score.

The Falcons reply the same way they have all game, with another long drive, but with time running out, after entering the red zone, Romo clocks the ball on 3rd down instead of a hurry up. His coach is furious, but this is December football and this is Tony Romo. The Falcons take the 3 as they go into half time down 7-3.

The second half and The Giants take the pressure off Brees and put the ball n the hands of LT and Lamothe, who ended the game with 145 yards between them as the both scored in the 3rd to put the game beyond Atlanta.

The Falcons to their credit never let their heads drop but it was over when Romo was picked by Super Mario (thats 3 now). The Giants who now had Smith under centre moved the ball nicely but couldnt convert. The Falcons had one more drive to get into the end zone and this time they did, Romo hitting Decker for a 10 yard td.

Falcons are a tough team to play, as they control the clock well with short passes and mixing in runs. You should try mixing in some deep passes to Miles Austin Jones some times too. It's a shame you lost Jackson in week one. Jon Stewart wasn't ever gonna replace him.

Thanks for the game bro.

Next on the Giants quest to "Unbeaten" is the CPU Cowboys and then away to hated rivals The Eagles. Should The Gaints make it out of Jerry's house with the streak alive, you can bet your house that The Eagleswill do everything they can to end it.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭NekoChan

Does it say career over?

Yeah. For Hillis anyway. WR just out until next season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jesus.

Both players done for the season. Tough break Neko. Since I have to play you in week 17 where there will be a lot riding on it I can't but end my post with this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

NekoChan wrote: »
    etloveslsd wrote: »

Well you'll be playing the bills back ups and tebow when we meet!

Hard Luck on hillis , do ea know its our last season?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Serenity Spicy Peppermint

Redskins-Panthers

horrible day in carolina lashing rain and one of the windiest games iv played and it showed both teams throwing for only 101 yds and 4 picks between them

panthers start with the ball and in a bizarre 3rd down get on the game line and where about to fall over it but fumbled the ball into touch behind the gain line

redskins get the ball back and throw a pick to start there game

panthers to 3 and out and kick the 3 points

Car 3-0 Wash

redskins in one of there only kick returns this year take it to the house redskins question why they've not tried this all year

Car 3-7 Wash

panthers get sacked and then throw a pick to sheppard on there own 16 not a good start for them

next play larry fitz takes the ball on a fade route and scores a td

Car 3-14 Wash

panthers go 3 and out
    skins run and run and run.....td ingram

Car 3-21 Wash

panthers go 3 and out
    redskins decide to air it out with a supprise deep ball to fitz and get an unsurprising pick in return

half time

redskins throw a pick again (kolb joins the bucs we hate mother nature club)

panthers get to the skins 30 and on 4th down punt it???????

redskins go back up the field and punt but the panthers dont call a fair catch on there 10 the returner gets hit,fumbles redskins have the ball on the panthers 7 (panthers st co-ordinator fired on the spot)

ingram runs in for a td

Car 3-28 Wash

panthers go 3 and out

ingram runs in for a td again (panthers d co-ordinator gets fired on the spot)

Car 3-35 Wash

panthers go 3 and out
    skins knee it out

skins 35
    panthers 3

passing

skins 4/11 54yds 1td 3 ints
    panthers 7/13 47yds 0tds 1 int

rushing
    skins 27 att 238yds 3tds
    panthers 14 atts 55yds 0tds

defense

skins 3 sacks 1 int
    panthers 2 sacks 3 ints

player of the game
    ingram rushing for 216 yards on 24 attempts and 3 tds

goat of the game
    the panthers offense and defence........and special teams....... and the weather

NekoChan wrote: »

wow your wrs are having a rough year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Bears doing there best to miss out on the playoffs lost to the CPU Vikings 14-17. Didn't really play that bad just my wr refused to catch the ball at times. Packers and loins next which are now must win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Bucs beat the Saints to go 12-2....

...More importantly, after 9 weeks out, Matt Forte will be back next week, just in time for the playoffs. Not sure if he'll start over Demarco Murray though who has over 1,000 yards and 18 TDs from just 121 attempts... And he somehow has never got injured!!!

A win over the falcons next or a Lions loss to the pack secures the number 2 seed.

ibmax wrote: »

...More importantly, after 9 weeks out, Matt Forte will be back next week, just in time for the playoffs. Not sure if he'll start over Demarco Murray though who has over 1,000 yards and 18 TDs from just 121 attempts... And he somehow has never got injured!!!

A win over the falcons next or a Lions loss to the pack secures the number 2 seed.
    Not only ha he not gotten injured but he's an assassin

Not only ha he not gotten injured but he's an assassin

He took out another DTackle tonight!!!

He took out another DTackle tonight!!!

investigation pending :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams 24 49ers 21. FG in overtime gives the Rams their fifth win of the season and third division victory this season. Bit of luck needed to take this one and rookie HB Hayes has done his collarbone and misses the last two games. Tight game with few sacks and plenty of mind games!(by me)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans have an epic performance against the CPU Fins tonight.

MJD finds his rhythm on the ground and in the air

Titans get 543 yards of offense with 174 rushing and 369 passing.
    27 first downs, 72% 3rd down conversion

MJDgets 174 yards off 32 carries, 4 TDs(should have had one more but i let the clock run out at the 1 yard line)

He also gets himself 298 yards off 16 catches and a TD, Finley gets himself a key 60 yards
    Titans have a quiet day on defense conceding a FG butgetting an int, some sacks and a couple of fumbles

Fins 3 Titans 35

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Holy crap the Bills are crushing the jets. No backups on my team now, I have a number one seed to win.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Holy crap the Bills are crushing the jets.

SHENANIGANS!!!!!!!

Rejuvenation in Meadow Lands !

The Bills come to New York fora 7th time in 3 years looking for a win. They win the toss and defer. On the Jets opening drive the Wilson at corner back jumps a well run route by Mike Thomas which he runs it in for 6 !

7-0 Bills!

The Jets do what they've since they've been in the BFL . The bring it up field a mixture of runs from Gore and Spiller results in a 4 yard fade pass to Burress !

7-7

Buffalo run the ball well up to midfield with both Woodhead and Lynch getting equal carriers. However the Jets D force a 3rd down stop. Big Ol Janikowski waddles out to kick a 46 yard field goal.

10-7 Bills

The teams trade another set of punt's However the Bills punt leave New york on there 6 a delay of game penalty after a failed audible creates a 2-13. Its an in-completion ! The Bills have the Jets on a 3-13 . A 66 yard long pass to Heyward-Bey results in a heart breaking first down ! The Bills get over the disappointment of this and keep New York to a field goal.

10-10

Theres 1;45 left on the clock . Buffalo decide to go conservative considering there getting the ball in the second half, after getting to there own 35 yard line. Cutler does what he was brought in to do. He audibles to a deep pass and hits Holmes for a 55 yard pass ! After that Marshawn lynch runs it in from 14 yards out for a touchdown !

17-10 Bills !

The Jets get slightly aggressive with 50 seconds left and 1 time out left. Cody Morris the Bills rookies defensive tackle gets a big sack and forces the jets inside there 10 yard line. New York are forced to punt, Janikowski waddles out to kick a 51 yard field goal.

20-10 Bills ( Do we start to dream ? )

After both teams are forced to punt on there opening drives of the second half, The Bills get the ball in there own half. After some great running from Lynch a 16 yard pass to Vinnie Jackson results a touchdown !

27-10 Bills !

The Bills kick off and there special teams force a fumble and recover it . Danny Woodhead runs it in on the very next play from 11 yards out !

34-10 at the end of the fourth quarter !

Janikowski gets yet another field goal to make the score 37-10

The Bills have won it ! its over ! Boom !

Nope New York make the Bills sweat it out ! They go to an aggressive pass offense and start to bring in a no huddle add in a fumble from the Bill's 3rd string running back and 3 touchdowns later its 37-31

An onside kick fails for the jets and the Bills take a very deep breath and kneel it out.

Final Score 37-31 Bills

Have the Bills gained the belief to go all the way?

Berty cheers for the game ! Gracious in victory nearly all the time and in defeat when it occasionally happens :) That fumble on the kick off was a killer! With out that it would have been a different game.

The Giants and the Bucc's will want a review after certain comments from the Jets head coach.

Now I'm 1-6 against the Jets ! Boom!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Deserved victory for the Bills and about time too. Final score really does not reflect Bills superiority. Well played Dave !

• Advertisement

The Giants and the Bucc's will want a review after certain comments from the Jets head coach.

Now I'm 1-6 against the Jets ! Boom!!!!

I think only Santry and McG have a better record than that so that is something to be proud of.

A tainted victory is not however.... I like how the 3 tds in a quarter was just glossed over. That smells like we better make this a bit closer Berty so the guys on boards will believe it. Il just call cover 2 man and you can slant your way up the field so it doesn't look like I let you back in.

I stand by my previous statement.

SHENANIGANS!!!

I really do not see the point of that match-fixing. If anything, it means there's a better chance they'll meet in the divisional round. Maybe they want to make it so only one of them must meet the Raiders? Confusing.

Pick 6's, special team fumbles, a 55yard passing TDs.....

.... FIX!!!!....

.... Bet that guy in the Jets gear who put the 100k on the Bills is happy tho!!!

I really do not see the point of that match-fixing. If anything, it means there's a better chance they'll meet in the divisional round. Maybe they want to make it so only one of them must meet the Raiders? Confusing.

What's confusing about it???

- irregular betting patterns
    - controversial pre match comments
    - bizarre in game occurrences... Cutler throwing a 55yard td pass!!!
    - post match lovey-dovey-ness
    - years of evidence of Jets dominance

I think ET put it best.... SHENANIGANS!!!

I hope the commish brings both GMs before him to explain their completely inconsiderate and inappropriate actions!!!! I am not one bit amused

Matthew - Ibmax and etloveslsd are just joking. Berty would never lose a game intentionally,

His comment about the bills winning is down to the fact the last two time we play i had the bad luck and should of won at least one of em.

No fixing here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dave and Berty are banned until Madden13 :D

Presumably the Bills and Jets are both banned from the playoffs for this match fixing. I think you will find with the Bills that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Why else would they offer odds on teams winning the SB?

Matthew - Ibmax and etloveslsd are just joking. Berty would never lose a game intentionally,

Well duh, they're joking ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Struggled to stop the Bills runs, missing tackles everwhere pick 6 early was a killer, kickoff return fumble another killer.

After having a winning streak of something like 30 straight games in all leagues I have now lost ( deservedly ) 6 of last 7 games. Two of those losses were in playoffs. Sometimes Madden goes like that.

The 3 tds we're glossed over correctly because they were in garbage time. Final scoreline absolutely flattered the Jets who were nowhere near good enough

Back to the practice field in preparation for the playoff.........

• Advertisement

Presumably the Bills and Jets are both banned from the playoffs for this match fixing. I think you will find with the Bills that this is just the tip of the iceberg. Why else would they offer odds on teams winning the SB?

An excellent point of course. The Bills have been artificially doctoring odds since the beginning of the season to inflate their own value from a over/under win perspective while negatively affecting the opposition's public perspective, allowing them to cash in on wins and losses against bad teams teams while benefiting from easy (fixed) wins against strong opposition... A brilliant scam, totally rumbled!!!

Commish... You're up!!!

Advertisement