Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 15 Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

matthew8 wrote: »
    Well duh, they're joking ;).

I'm not joking. And if my phone would allow me to put in a serious face after that statement, I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Seahawks and Titans will be playing my back ups from next week. Im in Play off mode now gotta keep my core guys fit :cool:

Clip board Jesus as QB or Tebow against the seahawks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Oh dear god am I glad that one's over. Never again will I play a late game, though this one wasn't laggy (the Americans must be too busy celebrating independence day to slow us down) but I was hyper-nervous, shivering, heart pounding, and I sort of felt sick. That said my play wasn't affected at all by this. That's the way I usually play, apart from feeling a little sick. I'm the BFL equivalent of that guy who pukes before the game (though not literally).

Quarter 1
    Raiders win the toss and kick off. The Chargers get one first down but on the next third down are stuffed. They punt to Reggie Bush who makes a neat return to around the 50. One Greg Olsen pass and I'm at the 30. One DeAngelo Bell run and I'm inside the 10. 3 more Bell runs, the last being a toss, and I score. 7-0 Raiders

The Chargers got the bal and started to move it downfield.

Quarter 2
    The Chargers made their way to the Raiders 22 but got no further and had to settle for a field goal. 7-3 Raiders

The Raiders were forced to punt on the next drive and the Chargers took the ball around their 30. They earned a first down and Hernandez caught a pass around the first down marker, broke a tackle and got a couple blocks and was off to the races for a 59 yard touchdown reception. 10-7 Chargers

On the next drive the Raiders again passed the ball down the field, and the safeties were made pay for not being deep enough on a 38 yard touchdown pass to Greg Olsen. 14-10 Raiders

It went from bad to worse for the Chargers as the unreliableRyan Fitzpatrick threw an interception to OLD MAN WILLIE (Allen), the nickelback with 12 years in the league who now leads the league in interceptions (I think). Johnny Knox got open wide and Matt Hill threw a precise pass before the safety could close on him for a 36 yard touchdown pass. 21-10 Raiders

Quarter 3
    The Raiders received the kickoff and now is a good time to mention how my offensive line was completely OWNED by the Chargers front 7. Matt Hill took a pounding and we went 3 and out.

Enough fooling around for the Chargers as they marched downfield and LeGarrette Blount ran in 2 yards for the touchdown. The Chargers went for 2 and were successful. 21-18 Raiders

Then god intervened on the side of the Raiders. Greg Olsen had a yard on a linebacker, but the pass was overthrown. Reggie Bush was in the vicinity and his superior leaping skills (to the safety covering him) got him the catch, Greg Olsen blocked the safety and he ran away from the linebacker for a 78 yards touchdown reception on the first play of the drive. 28-18 Raiders

The Chargers again marched downfield but were stopped at the Raiders 14 and had to settle for a 31 yard field goal. 28-21 Raiders

Quarter 4
    Another 3 and out and another grovelling apology to Matt Hill from the O-line coach.

Again the Chargers went downfield but this time they got it in on a 3 yard touchdown run by Blount. 28-28 and backs to the wall for the Raiders.

On the next drive Matt Hill escaped the rush and scampered ahead for around 15 yards to help settle my nerves. His nerves however were destroyed by 2 more sacks. However, with pressure comes open receivers and Johnny Knox caught a 42 yard bomb to take me into Chargers territory. Time to waste a little time as the 2 minute warning struck. The Chargers were forced to use 2 crucial timeouts. Another throw to Greg Olsen over the middle and I was inside the Chargers 10. I tried to run but was stuffed. I would have to pass the ball in, which didn't end well for me in the last meeting of the 2 teams. I think I went 0 for 4 inside the 10 in week 2 in terms of touchdowns. I called the Verticals play but really I was just picking a nice formation to audible out of. I saw Louis Murphy was uncovered so I audibled to stick. A risky call, because if the Chargers corner was covering the flat and I threw it to Murphy (who was running 2 yards and going across) it would be a pick 6. However the corner was on Knox and Murphy caught the ball and ran around the guy covering him for a 9 yard TD reception. 35-28 Raiders.

On the next drive the Chargers got a first down but Ryan Fitzpatrick threw an interception to my star rookie Jean Jones. WIth 1:25 left and the Chargers only having 1 timeout, that was it and I kneeled it out.

MVP: Matt Hill with 9 completions off 13 attempts for 313 yards, 4 touchdowns and no interceptions.

Ryan Fitzpatrick went 16-26 for 245 yards a touchdown and 2 interceptions.

On the ground:
    DeAngelo Bell had 8 rushes for 32 yards and a score, while LeGarrette Blount had 19 rushes for 101 yards and 2 scores. Dion Lewis contributed to the Bolts efforts with 3 rushes for 12 yards and FB Ahmard Hall had 1 rush for 19 yards.

In the receiving game, Greg Olsen had 5 catches for 148 yards and a score, Johnny Knox had 2 catches for 78 yards and a score, Reggie Bush had 1 catch for 78 yards and a score, and Louis Murphy had 1 catch for 9 yards and a score.

Aaron Hernandez had 9 catches for 143 yards and a score, Vincent Brown had 3 catches for 72 yards, Blount had 2 for 15 yards, Marshall had 1 for 13 yards, and Lewis had one for 2 yards.

Will Allen and Jean Jones had an interception each for the Raiders, while Jared Allen, Tyson Alualu and Curtis Brown had 2 sacks each for the Chargers, while Siona Pouha and Lance Briggs had a sack each for the Chargers.

I have to say I am disappointed with the way my defense played but they did come up with the big plays when I needed them most so I'll let them off the hook. I'm glad I have completely shrugged off any one dimensional element I had as last week I was able to run the ball all day to win and this week I truly aried it out to win.

Right now I am the first seed for the playoffs in the AFC, and hopefully I can win a tough one against the Chiefs next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Yeah your oline played pretty poorly. You like to throw deep so I had time to get to the qb. Good game though, nice win.

Hopefully you beat the chiefs, I need to stay ahead in the playoff race.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Lukebray wrote: »
    Yeah your oline played pretty poorly. You like to throw deep so I had time to get to the qb. Good game though, nice win.

Hopefully you beat the chiefs, I need to stay ahead in the playoff race.

I was lucky not to fumble with those 8 sacks. I think 2 CPU wins means you're into the playoffs whatever about the Chiefs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The Seahawks and Titans will be playing my back ups from next week. Im in Play off mode now gotta keep my core guys fit :cool:

Clip board Jesus as QB or Tebow against the seahawks ?

Just like we agreed isn't that right Dave ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Just like we agreed isn't that right Dave ;)

Is there no end to this scandal? This is not the behaviour I would expect of fine franchises like The Bills and The Je...well the Bills anyway. This is the sort of carry on you would expect out of Boston.

The commish will need to investigate, Dave's match fixing is a rampant as the yoke that lives in his missus' bedside locker

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Is there no end to this scandal? This is not the behaviour I would expect of fine franchises like The Bills and The Je...well the Bills anyway. This is the sort of carry on you would expect out of Boston.

The commish will need to investigate, Dave's match fixing is a rampant as the yoke that lives in his missus' bedside locker

:eek::eek:
    Dave i think this constitutes personal abuse.. time to ban the Giants HC what do you think :p

Dave i think this constitutes personal abuse.. time to ban the Giants HC what do you think :p

I would certainly like to see someone banned over this whole fiasco. Whether it be the Bills and Jets for blatant match-fixing, the Titans for implicating themselves in a future scam or the Bucs and the Giants for what may (although i seriously doubt it) turn out to be a false accusation.

Given the commissioners happen to be the Lions and Packers, they may find a common interest in banning the Bucs (likely NFC 2nd seed) and Giants (likely NFC 1st seed) from the playoffs....

....in which case i call shenanigans again and would like to see the commish's ban themselves for potentially having these thoughts!!!

I thank you

Ah now I see, threats from his cronies!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

If we've learned anything from Roger Goodell, it's that the Commissioners powers are absolute and final. Unless you want to appeal a Commissioner's decision to... oh wait, the Commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Surely the physical battle against the Rams last week took a lot out of the jets and resulted in this defeat.....or am I the only one thinking that?

madalig12 wrote: »
    Surely the physical battle against the Rams last week took a lot out of the jets and resulted in this defeat.....or am I the only one thinking that?

You are i'm afraid Ali... the general consensus is match fixing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

No it was the draining battle with the Rams !

BTW Dave I never got the opportunity to thank you for all the drink you bought me on the Boards night out last Friday week. Turned out to be a cheap night out for me with your generosity. I know Heli was also very happy as he is saving for the wedding. He said that the 10 pints you bought him were good training for his stag last weekend.

Dave.......I bow to your generosity, cannot understand whyyou getting no love from your friends with generosity like that.

Berty44 wrote: »
    No it was the draining battle with the Rams !

BTW Dave I never got the opportunity to thank you for all the drink you bought me on the Boards night out last Friday week. Turned out to be a cheap night out for me with your generosity. I know Heli was also very happy as he is saving for the wedding. He said that the 10 pints you bought him were good training for his stag last weekend.

Dave.......I bow to your generosity, cannot understand whyyou getting no love from your friends with generosity like that.

Also nice of dave to pay for our taxis and kebabs :D

Also nice of dave to pay for our taxis and kebabs :D

Yep, he seemed to be so disappointed that we would not go in for a full sit down in the Chinese...but the kebabs were nice.

Really enjoyed the stretch limo, never been in one before :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Yep, he seemed to be so disappointed that we would not go in for a full sit down in the Chinese...but the kebabs were nice.

Really enjoyed the stretch limo, never been in one before :)

You know i was wondering why there was a stretch limo outside the pub when i was leaving for work and why Dave was in a Tuxedo serving drinks but honestly thought nothing of it, thought he was being his normal thoughtful self.

And if bans are been talked of it should totally be the buccs just saying :P

I wonder will the Bills be like the Italians. Every time they are involved in a match fixing scandal they at least make the final!!

etloveslsd wrote: »
    I wonder will the Bills be like the Italians. Every time they are involved in a match fixing scandal they at least make the final!!

An interesting point... of course it's relatively easy to make a final/Superbowl when MATCH-FIXING is involved!!!

and @ Notyalc, i will happily accept any forthcoming ban should it be proven there was no match fixing... of course there was a bucket full of it so i am in no way worried; we can now add pints and kebabs to pick 6's and ST fumbles!!! SHENANIGANS

AND @ Danger_Dave, why Danger? Is this something to do with the people you hang around with in your scam circles? Did you pull a fast one on some undesirables and earn the reputation? After last nights antics i'm wondering why it's not Devious_Dave? Why not Deceptive_Dave? Why not DupeDaSystem_Dave? Why Dave??? WHY!!!!!

I'm awaiting advice from my solicitor before holding a press conference.

Watch this space

• Advertisement

An open letter to BFL

We recognize our fans concerns and we regret the uncertainty this episode has created for them. We are humbled by the support our organization has received from our fans today

The Buffalo Bill's will never condone match fixing in any shape or form. Not only that but with responsible leaders such as Santonio Holmes , Jabari Greer and Marshawn Lynch. With respectable leaders I can assure you that the locker room still has its integrity intact.

People will look to gifts which may have been given to the Titans and the Jet's as suspicious. Why would i treat such teams with disrespect coming close to the post season ? Keep your friend close and your enemies closer.

Its unfair for me to discuss what the Jets meant in there statement, that is not for me to clear up regarding a clear win for the Bills. Personally and Professionally i believe it was a clever tactic to create added pressure upon my team.

Our organization is not under investigation , if the league feels it necessary for one we would welcome one to clear are name. As a team and organisation we will rally together and become stronger from these slanderous accusations. The Bill's will disprove there doubters come the post season.

General Manager of the Buffalo Bills

Dave

Dave, did you take that letter from the desk of Micky Loomis? He thought he had got away with it too until some of the players squealed!!!

How many games do we have left to play?

How many games do we have left to play?

never mind that!!!

BREAKING NEWS.... TEBOW SQUEALS ON BILLS... FULL STORY TO FOLLOW...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tim_Tebow

An open letter to the BFL and the Bills Fans eveywhere,

As you may or may not be aware, there have been a number of strange events surrounding the Buffalo Bills in the past weeks and months. I have struggled mightily with some of the things I have witnessed and heard in team meetings and on gamedays. I have Tebowed about these incidents for a long time now. I have consulted regularly with our lord and saviour, by staring at myself in a mirror, but have always come to the same conclusion; our GM has the teams, cities and fans best interest at heart. However, following on from his open letter this morning, I realise now that he is a troubled man; hiding behind a wall of illusion, a facade of purity and a I believe the only way we, as a team and a community, can begin to help him is to first expose him as the shenanigan merchant he denied to be and expose the truth, as I now will.

Sadly, this despicable activity has been one of the worst kept secrets within Ralph Wilson stadium. We, the Bills players, have been involved in “fixing” games right the way back to season 1. I would be regularly brought in on goal line packages, in particular against the Jets, and be instructed to throw intentional interceptions, eliminating the chance of any points and destroying the spirit within the team at the same time. These interceptions were in no way related to my ridiculously long wind up/throwing motion and inaccurate passing ability. I was merely following the instructions of a troubled GM.

In season 2, with suspicion rising after a record number of redzone INTs, in an attempt to shift the focus, Kyle Orton was aquired and I was handed a clipboard. The clipboard listed the players who would commit “errors” at specific times of the game; Kyle Orton incomplete pass on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down was at the top of the list. Jabari Greer “slip” when following a receiver deep downfield. Marshawn Lynch “fumble” in his own 20. Santonio Holmes to “drop” all passes. These “drops” were to be excused as Holmes having a strop at Orton, Lynch having a Skittles defficiency and Greer to be preoccupied with picking up another DUI. The excuse with Orton was his girly throwing arm, though i always had a lingering doubt that Orton himself was including his name on the clipboard to excuse being the worst QB in the NFL since Brady Quinn.

This scam worked brilliantly at times, with the GM winning a lot of money off the back of inexplicable losses such as the one against the CPU Redskins in season 2. Again though, suspicion soon began to rise as to why the GM would persist with Orton and why he just wouldn’t give Lynch a pack of Skittles!!! Another trade was made to bring in Jay Cutler to once again take the heat off. I would remain though, holding the clipboard of deceipt on the sidelines and fighting the Chris Bermans and all the other haters inside me.

I have kept quiet all these years, accepting it may be difficult to find a new team should i be released for saying anything. The role of the full-back is dying in the NFL. However, following last nights game, I can see this issue stretches far beyond the confines of upstate New York, with areas of Jersey and Tennessee seemingly affected too. Now is the time to take this wieght from my shoulders.

I am truely sorry for my actions. I feel I have let down my teammates, the BFL and most importantly the fans. I someday hope to move on from this sad time. I am willing to accept any punishment the league decides necessary for my part in this scandal. I am aware that my endorsement contracts with Nike and Jockey International are in jeopardy, along with my stauts as America’s most eligible bachelor. I urge all the other players and GMs in the league to get down on one knee and Tebow. Admit to your crime and take whatever punishment is handed down with dignity.

I would like to end by once again apologising. I Tebow every night that our GM can see that there are always other options and a quick Tebow here and there can make a whole world of difference.

Tebow bless you
    Timmy

Very open and honest letter, well done Dave Tim

Ok.. who made the post..answers on a post card.. I know (mod powahhhhh!)

This is becoming an awesome thread. Thanks so much Timmy for that fantastic insight !

This is becoming an awesome thread. Thanks so much Timmy for that fantastic insight !
    http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056689731&page=4

Agreed!!! Best thread ever!!!

can't beat a bit of banter... though we must remember match fixing is a very serious topic!!!

I wonder which other players will come forward now that Timmy has got the ball rolling!!!

• Advertisement

ibmax wrote: »
    I wonder which other players will come forward now that Timmy has got the ball rolling!!!

Cam Newton might step up (I hope), otherwise I'm just terrible at passing the ball.
    I never thought I'd say this, I miss having Jay Cutler as my QB

Advertisement