Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem joining Mac onto Network with Windows 7 PC

Options
  • 02-07-2012 11:30pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys, for years I had my Windows XP computer sharing files on the network, and my macbook would pick it up fine every time. Now I changed to Windows 7 Ultimate - and although it sees the network fine, it will not connect - it wants a password. I have not set a password on the Windows 7 PC.

Can anyone tell me how I can go about making this work?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I think you need to have a password set on the PC. I'm surprised it worked previously without it.

I think also you should enter your Workgroup on the Mac to match the PC's workgroup (in System Preferences, Network, Advanced button, WINS tab). I'm not sure if that's necessary.

Advertisement