Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What smartphone should I get?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

My budget is 200-300 quid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056638431

Samsung S3 - €239
    Unlimited calls, texts and data for €34.50 per month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

But then again, this is the Apple Media Devices forum, so maybe a second hand iPhone 4 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

I don't tend to call people really, but that looks good, I just want online really.

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SAMSUNG-GALAXY-ACE-2/MONTHLY?src=dealFinder&tariffNetworks=&tariffContract=&gift=&clearance=false

Can someone tell me how this deal works? How much do you pay for phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

That's the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

methinks this should be moved by a mod to the Mobile_PDA section

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Ok I'm so confused.

I'm thinking of a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone, am I reading/hearing things wrong or can I not pay directly for either device and just pay as part of a monthly fee which includes data coverage, texts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Ok I'm so confused.

I'm thinking of a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone, am I reading/hearing things wrong or can I not pay directly for either device and just pay as part of a monthly fee which includes data coverage, texts etc.

You could buy the phone outright (sim free as in not locked to any network) which would cost 500-700euro, then you could go on a 30 day sim only contract (no long contracts and some good prices). Best to test various networks signals first, where you live work and play, by getting some free pre pay sims from them.

Once you find the networks with the best coverage then come back and we can make recommendations then

Advertisement