Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you say that are wrong

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noname123

I use double negatives a lot, only to find half way through the sentence that it isn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Apparently, I always say "coin" instead of "coins", no matter if it's one coin or several.
    "Have you got coin today for the parking machine?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I'm grand is my go to response for any question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the first person to post "i done", so i can track your ip, hunt you down and beat you to death with a junior infant English reader.

woah extreme grammar nazi'ing could be an olympic sport, "i like" :D;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭englander

'Do you have a scissors ?'
    (dont you mean a pair of goddamn bastad scissors you g!mp)

'We bet Ireland by four goals to nil.'
    (No you beat ireland four nil, plank !)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I say Pacific instead of specific

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Anywho

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭whatever99

guitarzero wrote: »
    I would of...

If you know it's wrong, why do you say it? It doesn't even make sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

A close friend of mine up till his early twenties thought it was called and handburger because you eat it with your hands, his reasoning is that it doesnt have ham in it......we got alot of mileage out of that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ciaran0

I used to say "morning" or "good morning" as a greeting at any point in the day. Strangely, an awful lot of people didn't even pick up on it. And this one is writing but still, I only found out a few months ago that "a lot" isn't all one word. I was shocked. I had alot a shock. It still looks right to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I have pretty good punctuality I mean punctuation and grammar but admittedly make the odd mistake when typing too quickly. Anyway some of the many that I have heard others using are as follows:

Hostipal
    Hemlet
    Chimley
    Pacific
    Pasgetti
    Expresso
    Should of
    Folly
    Irregardless
    I could care less
    You've got another thing coming
    For all intensive purposes
    Nip it in the butt
    One in the same

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ciaran0

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I have pretty good punctuality I mean punctuation and grammar but admittedly make the odd mistake when typing too quickly. Anyway some of the many that I have heard others using are as follows:

Hostipal
    Hemlet
    Chimley
    Pacific
    Pasgetti
    Expresso
    Should of
    Folly
    Irregardless
    I could care less
    You've got another thing coming
    For all intensive purposes
    Nip it in the butt
    One in the same

Irregardless. That word always sets off red lights with me. I think people just like to add more syllables to seem smarter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

Not I, but my youngest, 'in anyways'...what does that mean?

My own...Don't intervolve yourself (do not interfere or get involved;))...I'm a pacificist so I am! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

That's raail bad instead of that's really bad.
    laave it alone instead of leave it alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I have a terrible habit of saying "hurted" instead of "hurt" ie. "I fell last night, I hurted my knee".

Also heard someone on the telly say her child had had a "growth sprout". I think she meant "growth spurt".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I'm not even messing here but I only discovered I was spelling background wrong for the most of my life only a few months ago! I always left out the "g"

im such an idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Quit ****ing up the thread by turning this into yet another yawnsome 65-page thread of "I hate people who say pacific" posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

* is pronounced asterisk NOT asterix!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterisk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Del2005 wrote: »
    My phone number is Oh Eight...........
    I'm not with Zero Two.

Your phone number is zero eight. Your network provider is "o" two... not 0 (zero) two.

I work with at least two people who don't see the difference in entering o/O or 0 when doing data entry; and they don't use either consistently. Drives me completely insane trying to clean it all up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement