Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autocracy - worth the price?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

So I was fiddling about on the Android and was considering picking up IDW's Transformers Autocracy. I hear it's really good but is it worth paying 99c per issue (12 issues in total, 8 pages each)? I'm not mad about reading comics on my phone, or even online at all as I much prefer teh feel of a good old fashioned paper graphic novel. Are there any plans to release it in TPB? If so I may just wait for that...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I picked up the TPB in Dublin City Comics yesterday for €20. They have a few copies left.
    I really liked the story. The characters were well fleshed out and there were some really nice moments
    the bit where they ape the 1986 movie, but with a twist, was quite cool
    I actually liked the artwork too. It was by the same guy that did Chaos. I wasn't a big fan of Chaos' artwork, but this was nicer. The same style but a much richer colour palette - gave it a much nicer look and it was easier to make out the details/see what was going on. That said
    the bit where Ravage ripped up Bumblebee and Hound
    was a bit choppy/hard to make out what just happened[/spoiler] - the hazards of very short issues I suppose.

Advertisement