Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Never Dies..Odeon Cinemas Tonight

Options
  • 03-07-2012 1:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Should have posted this before the event really, then again show people seem to find these things out.

Did anyone else see this tonight? Thoughts?

My big issue was "borrowed" music. Love Never Dies bears an overwhelming resemblance to Once Upon a Dream from Jekyll & Hyde and I noticed some Sondheim music in at least one other song.

A good idea though, much happier to spend €10 on a cinema ticket for a show I wasn't that pushed about than £60stg in London!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

I saw this a few times in London and thought the London version was far far better than this Australian production. It was always easy to get top price seats for around £25 for it.

Despite all the fancy props and sets, I didn't like this version at all. I thought the Phantom in this was dreadful. No chemistry between him and Christine. I also disliked the Raoul and Madame Giry though I did like the Gustave and the Fleck, Gangle and Squelch trio were great I thought.

It really needed Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess or a Phantom/Christine with great chemistry and without them I thought it failed pretty miserably. I also thought ALW came across as very bitter and hostile about the London show flopping and closing early.

Overall it just doesn't even begin to compare with the amazingness of the original Phantom of the Opera.

Advertisement