Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good series of Videos about getting into FTR

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

nice, Dev. I found his thoughts on physical condition and focusing on individual fundamentals to be interesting. I know it's very important for the ISSF stuff, but it's cool to see it recognised that even F Class has an element of it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I found it very interesting. Even though are guns are stationary we still need to work on trigger control, follow through and all that.
    After Sunday trying to hit the black (or maybe I should say the target :rolleyes:) standing at 50 yards it is amazing how much training is needed to just hold the rifle relatively steady.
    It wasn't easy with certain people laughing at you in the background, fecking Ez and FS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

dev110 wrote: »
    I found it very interesting. Even though are guns are stationary we still need to work on trigger control, follow through and all that.
    After Sunday trying to hit the black (or maybe I should say the target :rolleyes:) standing at 50 yards it is amazing how much training is needed to just hold the rifle relatively steady.
    It wasn't easy with certain people laughing at you in the background, fecking Ez and FS

Aye, you've seen for yourself what the physical demands are and the weight of the rifles themselves, so you've a fair idea, but I like the point that just because the rifle is rested, doesn't mean you don't have to think about what you're doing and work on the fundamentals. I still think of things like ISSF or TR/Palma as being more comprehensive physical challenges but it does give a new dimension to F Class stuff too.

Advertisement