Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SSFIV Charge moves

Options
  • 03-07-2012 2:14am
    Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

I can't do sonic booms, pyscho crushers etc. Sonic boom looks easy but i cant do it unless i button bash and it's still rare. Tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You have to charge back OR down-back for just under a second, then press forward + your button together quickly & smoothly.

Go in to training mode, charge and count 1,2. On 2, press forward and your button.
    Repeat until you can get 5 in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Also, if you have mastered the concepts in Kiki's post and want to advance your charge move skills

Intermediate tip: If you hold down-back as Guile (for example), depending on what your opponent does, you can then go forward+punch, to throw a sonic boom, OR up+kick for Flash Kick (if they jump). So holding down-back as often as you can gives you all your options at once.

Advanced tip: For some attacks, see if you can get them to come out on diagonals. If you can, this means you can possibly keep your charge for your OTHER move. For example: If you do a Flash kick by going charge down-back -> Up-back and kick; because you've been holding "back" the whole time, you should be able to do a sonic boom as soon as you land. Not all charge moves work on diagonals though, so you'll have to experiment.

Expert tip: If you get into the habit of doing your sonic booms like this: charge back (or down-back) ->forward ->back+punch it will benefit you in the long run. By doing it this way, you can throw sonic booms faster, because you're already charging for the second sonic boom, while actually throwing the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Kiki and Uberprinny have pretty much described it perfectly for you, that last tip that uber put in (its called charge buffering) is an excellent tool , whenever i play Guile I always do it, especially against shotos like Ryu, etc. as matching they're fireballs is often vital.

You're probably having the problem i did at first, it took me a while to figure out that the first input for those moves was different because i had to hold it :P But anyway like they said, you just have to hold it back or down-back for a second or two and then forward-punch , up-punch , up-kick , OR forward-kick . It all depends on the move really.

What controller are you using, I can do charge moves on the normal controller but I found it much easier on a stick. This doesnt really mean much, and with practice wont make any difference but im just curious :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

recnib wrote: »
    What controller are you using, I can do charge moves on the normal controller but I found it much easier on a stick. This doesnt really mean much, and with practice wont make any difference but im just curious :P

Good point, I forgot to mention this.

I imagine you're playing on pad, if you are, and depending on the kind of pad, you should find charge moves easier to do on the d-pad, than the analog stick.

This is just because d-pads have tactile diagonal corners, but analog sticks are circular and less clear. Your personal preference may vary of course.

Oh so true, i would personally recommend d-pad on the normal controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Not all charge moves work on diagonals though, so you'll have to experiment.

Could be wrong but I'm sure they do, as in, you can input all of them do diagonal anyway to keep the back charge

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You can't input sonic booms from db to df to keep down charge, have to go to neutral forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Vega's Scarlett Terror is another specific one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Oh wait I thought uber was referring to charge moves that had to be specifically up (which is why i was perplexed), my bad

I'm charge master, Urien innit

Oh god Urien ! WHYYYYY ?!??!

CRUSH ! CRUSH ! CRUSH ! KILL ! CRUSH ! -_-

• Advertisement
Advertisement