Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caherdavin, that bad?

• 03-07-2012 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Been gone from Caherdavin for a while and from reading Boards it seems that it has really gone downhill! Is it really that bad? Just curious!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I haven't noticed anything particularly awful around here anyway. :) Perhaps on the Old Cratloe Road side, but that's nothing new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Been gone from Caherdavin for a while and from reading Boards it seems that it has really gone downhill! Is it really that bad? Just curious!

I wouldn't think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Azphyxi8

Same as it's always been, I wouldn't consider it bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Na it's not that bad. Sometimes there isn't a great element passing through it but been that way for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭trinz23

im living on the old cratloe road and its mostly ok....MOSTLY. where i am is where the teenagers come to go frinkin on the weekends, they roar and shout all night and then leave the place in a complete wreck. im ok as its just me and my OH, but there are families there with young kids and babies that are being kept awake. Spend a lot more time then i shoud clearing away cans and nagan bottles.....thankfully the guards are keeping an eye on them so im hoping they have found a new spot away from anyones house. other then that literally not a problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Really don't think its that bad tbh! I live down near the Ennis Road side and havn't noticed anything more than there always was!
    My gf is from Clonile on the old cratloe road and i havn't noticed it being that bad up there either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Caherdavin is gone downhill in recent times due to regeneration issues,many places are now plagued with scumbags,it was bad enough having them pass through for years but now they live amongst us causing a lot of trouble.
    many fine houses been bought by the hse and rented to undesirables and the older people who have worked hard all their lives have to suffer for it.

dead right, friend of mine bought a house brand new in a fairly new estate there and dont know the exact price he paid but it wasnt cheap, he has since married and had a beautiful baby girl. the house next door has been rented out to very VERY undesirables for absolute pittance....i know there is a recession anyway but whatever value his house had is gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

daveob007 wrote: »
    Caherdavin is gone downhill in recent times due to regeneration issues,many places are now plagued with scumbags,it was bad enough having them pass through for years but now they live amongst us causing a lot of trouble.
    many fine houses been bought by the hse and rented to undesirables and the older people who have worked hard all their lives have to suffer for it.

Your trolling output today is impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

zulutango wrote: »
    Your trolling output today is impressive.
    wide awake this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭LimerickSports

i dont think caherdavin is that bad, but in any area there can be bad people and wannabes.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭The Sky

Caherdavin is fine. How people believe it has gone downhill is beyond me, there is a lot worse places in Limerick! Caherdavin is a lovely place sure people drink there but that happens in every estate around Ireland.

its not the drinking thats the problem, i dont care if they sit on my doorstep and drink. Its what happens when they drink. Walking through estates breaking wing mirrors off cars, abusing and assaulting people, the mess they leave behind, homes with young kids awake all night due to the screaming outside their houses etc. There was only a piece on it in the leader a few weeks ago. I'm not painting everyone with the same brush here and not saying that all of Caherdavin is subject to this. I love Caherdavin and love where I'm living and have personally have never had any trouble but hearing a lot more stories lately

Advertisement