Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork people?

• 03-07-2012 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Does anyone on here find that the worst people you could meet in Cork are highly discriminatory? One person I met from Cork kept thinking I was from Waterford when I was from Wexford.
    ( I will add that this person knew me for years and kept putting my address as Waterford when sending Xmas cards). I just find Dubs a lot more accepting and tolerant but Cork people tend to dislike anyone outside of Cork or think they are better.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Does anyone on here find that the worst people you could meet in Cork anywhere are highly discriminatory?
    Post-FYP, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,478 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Ye Waterford feckers are so difficult to please!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

TheChizler wrote: »

HAHA I'm not having a go at Cork people just this guy was a total bollux :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Cork accents at least have an amusing sing-song quality to them. Dublin accents sound like the whole county woke up one day and said "Hey, y'know what reeks of class and sophistication? Lancashire farmers and cockneys. If we can meld those accents together, we'll be the coolest kids in school!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

TheChizler wrote: »

HAHA I'm not having a go at Cork people just this guy was a total bollux :mad:

Yet you said Cork people tend to dislike and feel they are better than anyone from outside Cork...

Sweeping generalisation

• Advertisement

Yet you said Cork people tend to dislike and feel they are better than anyone from outside Cork...

Sweeping generalisation

I said the "worst people you could meet in Cork".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭whatsup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

I for one welcome our new Cork overlords. OK I'm really going to bed now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

That's Corkist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

As a fellow Wexford person, yes we are less dercriminatory than those Cork people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Does anyone on here find that the worst people you could meet in Cork are highly discriminatory? One person I met from Cork kept thinking I was from Waterford when I was from Wexford.
    ( I will add that this person knew me for years and kept putting my address as Waterford when sending Xmas cards). I just find Dubs a lot more accepting and tolerant but Cork people tend to dislike anyone outside of Cork or think they are better.

Nope. I even heard a 'sweeping' sound as I read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

You're easily riled OP. You can get people like that anywhere. Corkonians are a jovial bunch really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

i'd more think that the worst people you could meet in cork would be be rapists and murderers and such. I can put up with a little discrimination

Corholio wrote: »
    Nope. I even heard a 'sweeping' sound as I read it.

Fair enough :p I should have thought more when typing that piece..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Fair enough if that's what you meant but it didn't read that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We won't be having this thread tonight.

Or tomorrow night.

Or the night after.

Or next week.

Or next year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement