Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Thermal paste

Options
  • 03-07-2012 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I made an order from Hardwareversand and i forgot to order thermal paste

I know sometimes coolers come with some, but I also need to do a bit of chopping and changing of another pc.

Is arctic silver still the one to go for?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Place in talllaght sell a small selection....maxburns.ie, thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Arctic silver is still one of the best and you should be able to get it from peats or possibly maplins. Or overclockers.co.uk if you want to order it.

But most thermal paste should be fine if you arnt overclocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Hey guys,

I made an order from Hardwareversand and i forgot to order thermal paste

I know sometimes coolers come with some, but I also need to do a bit of chopping and changing of another pc.

Is arctic silver still the one to go for?

Cheers

If you bought a CPU that comes with a standard fan, there will be thermal paste on the fan already. Likewise, if you bought an aftermarket fan, there is a chance that there will be some thermal paste among the contents as well.

If you get really stuck and won't be overclocking, Sudocreme can actually be used as a thermal paste. This could keep you going for a while but I would still get thermal paste when you can and definitely wouldn't overclock while using Sudocreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

farna_boy wrote: »
    If you bought a CPU that comes with a standard fan, there will be thermal paste on the fan already. Likewise, if you bought an aftermarket fan, there is a chance that there will be some thermal paste among the contents as well.

If you get really stuck and won't be overclocking, Sudocreme can actually be used as a thermal paste. This could keep you going for a while but I would still get thermal paste when you can and definitely wouldn't overclock while using Sudocreme.

They should market this "you can trust it to comfort your baby, and keep your real baby cool"

I'm not that desperate anyways as i have a few tubes of ceramicy stuff I got from DX a while back

It is an after market cooler and i will be overclocking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Thanks! Ordered from there. Nice that you dont even need to register an account if you have paypal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Isn't arctic silver conductive? doesn't matter anyway you went with something else!

Advertisement