Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Etiquette for buying a house

Options
  • 03-07-2012 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭

I've talked to the bank and they've told me how much of a mortgage I'd be approved for.

Now I just want to know can I put in offers and all that or do I have to okay it with the bank each time?

Head is wrecked, living in Dublin and with the market back rolling the houses I've been looking at have all been bought very quickly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,523 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Was it a verbal offer, if so you need to proceed and get written offer. In the mean time, View house, put offer, get bank valuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cool Rider

Hello,

I am in the market at present and in v.similar position. I bank with AIB and called them just yesterday to clarify this and no you dont have to call them to put each offer (i suppose), just call them once its accepted and go with one of the valuers for valuation of the property and appoint a solicitor then.
    Be in no rush this is buyers market dont feel intimidated if you lose one its part of the game but I am holding off for ultimate bargain and so far not disappointed.
    Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Cool Rider wrote: »
    Hello,

I am in the market at present and in v.similar position. I bank with AIB and called them just yesterday to clarify this and no you dont have to call them to put each offer (i suppose), just call them once its accepted and go with one of the valuers for valuation of the property and appoint a solicitor then.
    Be in no rush this is buyers market dont feel intimidated if you lose one its part of the game but I am holding off for ultimate bargain and so far not disappointed.
    Hope this helps...

Cheers for that.

Out of interest, are you looking to buy in Dublin. I am myself and I think the houses are starting to move again around here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cool Rider

Yes, looking in Dublin. I don't think that prices are going up again [even if I consider asking price], I wont go by media speculation but I agree that keenly priced houses are moving fast.

Advertisement