Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank House Insurance - Joke!!!

Options
  • 03-07-2012 11:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭

I had a rental property insured with Ulster Bank for the last 7 years. Never had any claims. Last year's premium was about €750.
    Just received my renewal letter.
    Premium Due €1,986.46. What a joke.
    If you don't want my business - tell me.

Got a quote from FBD - €602.

Ulster Bank are really out to win friends at the moment :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

I had a rental property insured with Ulster Bank for the last 7 years. Never had any claims. Last year's premium was about €750.
    Just received my renewal letter.
    Premium Due €1,986.46. What a joke.
    If you don't want my business - tell me.

Got a quote from FBD - €602.

Ulster Bank are really out to win friends at the moment :mad:

you could always contact them about the quote from FBD and see if they match it.

that does seem inordinately high though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

I had a rental property insured with Ulster Bank

sorry stopped reading at this point, ULSTER BANK - what a bunch of clowns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ulster bank might start fleecing people to get back the money they lost through their computer glitch. I wouldn't put it past them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

They changed underwriters this year - moved to Aviva I think so that probably explains the mad discrepancy from last year. You could always mention the FBD quote you got and see if they'll match/best it but given Ulster's general meltdown (sorry, "glitch" ;)), I'd say you're better off just going to FBD anyway...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

I rang Ulster when I got the letter (but before I got the FBD) quote.
    I explained the jump was crazy and could they do something.
    She asked "did I have a working alarm fitted?"
    Haha
    As if that was going to reduce the premium by over a grand.

Anyway, off to FBD, but I thought I'd share my experience with my boardsie friends.

• Advertisement
Advertisement