Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bochelli's - Good or Bad???

Options
  • 03-07-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey,
    Just wondering what you all think of Bochelli's restuarant up the town?
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Pizzas are great and massive (eat in ones anyway, take away ones smaller). Only go in every now and again for the pizza, not really tried anything else off the menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JPHanlon

Cool. thanks. Rang last wk 2 book a table and they told me to ring back they were 2 busy, just thought it was really bad form :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

JPHanlon wrote: »
    Cool. thanks. Rang last wk 2 book a table and they told me to ring back they were 2 busy, just thought it was really bad form :mad:

That's unusual. You didn't happen to ring during the European Championship final, did you ? Or any other Italian game ?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Been twice in a group and service and food was good. No complaints atall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Yeah thats a bit bad. I have never known it that busy, never needed to book and always tables free. Its normally the place we end up after trying to get in other places that are full booked and knowing they will have tables :-). Btw i think that is maybe because they have a few more tables than some of the other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Jimjay wrote: »
    Yeah thats a bit bad. I have never known it that busy, never needed to book and always tables free. Its normally the place we end up after trying to get in other places that are full booked and knowing they will have tables :-). Btw i think that is maybe because they have a few more tables than some of the other places.

Much higher turnover of customers when pizza is involved too. I love their pizza and have never had a problem with service. They certainly do not fawn over you but they are perfectly pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JPHanlon

Well they obviously dont need my custom! I rang back and left and voicemail and they never even rang me back.....how rude!:mad: Deffo wont be going there! We went to the Hungry Monk instead and the food was delicious :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

Pizzas are great,rest of the grub is only ever average,kids like the carbonara,that's the only reason I go

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Peehadc

Hey,
    Just wondering what you all think of Bochelli's restuarant up the town?
    :confused:

There last night with nephews (x2) and couldnt have been more accommodating. Pizza and salads all round and very good. Always a safe bet for a pizza IMO.
    They had a 25oz (!) ribeye deal on last night for €30ish. Just don't fill up on bread... Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

I find them excellent, as mentioned above, Pizzas are great, but they do great specials every now again off the menu which are fantastic.
    They're very accommodating for children as well, where the waiters give colouring books to pass the time. Very reasonably priced as well,
    plus they have Moreti beer :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Peehadc wrote: »
    They had a 25oz (!) ribeye deal on last night for €30ish.

Aww man .. is it bad to want this at 10am :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    I find them excellent, as mentioned above, Pizzas are great, but they do great specials every now again off the menu which are fantastic.
    They're very accommodating for children as well, where the waiters give colouring books to pass the time. Very reasonably priced as well,
    plus they have Moreti beer :-)

No Birra Moretti any more. Can't remember the name of the new Italian beer they stock.

I like Bochelli's. Excellent pizza, decent pasta dishes, good portions and nice atmosphere in the front. The back is a bit diner-ish.

I was there on Sunday gone and the food wasn't great to be honest. Then again, it was the Euro final night so they could have had a temp chef on (is the chef Italian?).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 274 ✭✭The Durutti Column

Bochelli's is one of our family's faves. We've never had a duff meal or poor service, it's good value and reasonably "authentic". So, as it's not broke, why fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭joeduke

Pizzas are good thats about it.. every thing else is plain over priced..in Winter you freeze in the place when the door opens...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I always find the food a bit - meh !! Totally uninspiring and the sort of stuff you'd cook at home. Its good for the kids but that's about it. The staff are excellent and always friendly which is a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

Food is ok and seems good quality but the staff is dreadful. Was sitting outside for good 10 minutes without any attention. Then moved in and it was half full with people (and its a small place) and staff was talking and doing other things but not taking attention to guests.

The Pizza might like to see some spices on it but the pasta was good.

However I had the feeling of an authentic Italian restaurant. Sulky staff who are happy to see you leaving again as soon as possible if you bothered to come in. I felt like in roma :-D .. won't go again..

Advertisement