Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using customers logos on homepage

Options
  • 03-07-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have experience using some of your customers logos on your websites to help show the type of customers you attract.

Do any of you do this? Did or should you ask permission first?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ask them first - considering its advertising for them anyways most arent going to have a problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

Don't even dream of doing it without asking them first. By sticking their logo on your page you are in effect saying that they endorse you. You definatly shouldn't do that without permission.

But don't be afraid to ask them If they are happy with your service, 9 times out of 10, they'll be happy to do it. Andwhy not go the whole hog and ask them for a short quote referencing your work that you can include.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vikashmundaa

Swampy wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have experience using some of your customers logos on your websites to help show the type of customers you attract.

Do any of you do this? Did or should you ask permission first?

Thanks.

You may get in legal issue if the other party lawsuit against you so it's better take their written permission first before using their logos.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Like all the other posters have said ask the companies before you do anything, most will have no problem with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Make sure you ask permission first

I wouldn't want our brand associated with some companies that we might have done business with and I suspect I'm not alone :)

As someone else mentioned, the use of the logo is an implicit endorsement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

No problem. I'll get permission.

Advertisement