Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parking permit requirements

Options
  • 03-07-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Requirements are here http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/Parking/ResidentsParking/Pages/BuyAPermit.aspx

You need to change your registration cert but not your license. I applied by post and had in in less than a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Not all areas are allowed. I was told to **** off because I live in City centre, they said it's high demanded zone. Ended up renting parking lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

arleitiss wrote: »
    Not all areas are allowed. I was told to **** off because I live in City centre, they said it's high demanded zone. Ended up renting parking lot.

I had a similar experience, even though houses 3 doors away were issued permits. Seems DCC can be very hit and miss

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gileadi wrote: »
    I had a similar experience, even though houses 3 doors away were issued permits. Seems DCC can be very hit and miss

You can call up with your address and they will tell you if your entitled to a permit or not before you call down or apply by post.

they have a clear list of address's that are allowed/not allowed. I had to check for someone in Mountjoy Sq last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

-snip- wrong thread..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

litup wrote: »
    Requirements are here http://www.dublincity.ie/RoadsandTraffic/Parking/ResidentsParking/Pages/BuyAPermit.aspx

You need to change your registration cert but not your license. I applied by post and had in in less than a week.

I applied for one recently and didn't have to change my registration cert or licence address.
    Just went in with those 2 things, insurance documents & a bank statement (both addressed to my current house) and received the parking permit by post in about 3-4 working days. They also gave me 4 24 hour parking permits to do me until the actual permit arrived.

Advertisement