Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee near Newtownmountkennedy

• 03-07-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi All

Where's the best place to pop out to at lunch for a decent coffee? I'm working for a few weeks in Newtownmountkennedy - is there a costa or starbucks near by?

Andy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

OhMyGod123 wrote: »
    Hi All

Where's the best place to pop out to at lunch for a decent coffee? I'm working for a few weeks in Newtownmountkennedy - is there a costa or starbucks near by?

Andy

Starbucks in Newtown? :D:D:eek:

I don't think there is that much in Newtown apart from Fishers and The Park Hotel - not sure if they are what you are looking for though

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

'Fishers' would be the only place really. Nearest place for the coffee chain places would be a 10 minute drive to Greystones, but you would have to pay to park, and could end up taking a pretty long coffee break by the time you have gone there, parked and then come back to NTMK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

They do nice coffee in the pub up by the church its called mount kennedy inn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

In Newtown, there's Fishers (buttery cafe) as mentioned. Nearby, if you are with car, there's the beech tree cafe/restaurant at the garden centre in Kilquade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭vickers209

Theres bunters cafe on main street lovely breakfast but hidden it just below eugenes foodstore on same side of road looks like a cottage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Main spots have been mentioned:

-The Buttery Café at Fishers
    -The Parkview Hotel
    -Mountkennedy Inn
    -Bunters Coffee Shop

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭YraggarY

Have to second Bunters here, a good cup of coffee and the best full breakfast you'll ever have in your life! :) They do take out rolls and that kind of thing as wel but; I've only ever had the breakfast there anytime I've been in so can't comment on anything else!

Advertisement