Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone Bill Pay?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I've came across this offer with meteor for the iphone 4 which is bill pay and will cost €45.74 per month.

Smart Plus 45

24 months contract
    200 minutes
    200 texts
    5 GB data
    Free Meteor calls & texts.

I'd only be using the internet to browse fb and twitter and maybe the sky sports app.Would 5gb a month be enough?
    I'm currently unemployed would I be able to go into my bank every month and put 50 euro into my account in order to pay the bill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Holy **** :eek: - €45 lids a month for 24 months???....for a phone that will soon be 2 generations old??

Surely there are better deals out there......is there? Maybe I'm being overly optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Holy **** :eek: - €45 lids a month for 24 months???....for a phone that will soon be 2 generations old??

Surely there are better deals out there......is there? Maybe I'm being overly optimistic

Aye suppose what phone would be the best to pick up on bill pay then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Try to find a plan with 1GB of data, you really don't need to be paying for any more than that. I'm one the web all the time and I've never gone over. 5GB is only really useful if you have no wi-fi and want to use the 3G to download music, tv shows, movies, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

James__10 wrote: »
    Aye suppose what phone would be the best to pick up on bill pay then?

It depends -
    is it a definite that the phone comes free with the contract? paying a bit towards the phone can reduce the contract length
    does it have to be an iphone? there are other very good smart phones out there...HTC, Samsung, Sony.
    do you need 5 gigs of data (thats a lot)?
    with the apps like viber and imessage\jelly sms do you necessarily need the add-ons of 200 mins\200 texts, removing these might bring down monthly cost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

It depends -
    is it a definite that the phone comes free with the contract? paying a bit towards the phone can reduce the contract length
    does it have to be an iphone? there are other very good smart phones out there...HTC, Samsung, Sony.
    do you need 5 gigs of data (thats a lot)?
    with the apps like viber and imessage\jelly sms do you necessarily need the add-ons of 200 mins\200 texts, removing these might bring down monthly cost

No it doesen't necessarily have to be a iphone. I thought the the Iphone was the Rolls Royce of smartphones.

I'd be using a few apps like Twitter,Facebook and maybe sky sports news when out and about i've got wifi at home.

I wouldn't be calling many people i'd be texting instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Op would you be able to get the money together to buy one on adverts.ie or similar sites? New unlocked i phones go for around €400-€450 on these sites, this would save you getting locked into a long contract and save you money in the long run.

For example you could get the €20.33 sim only deal of Meteor, so €20.33 x 24= €487.92 + €400 = €887.92 opposed to €45.74 x 24= €1097.76 and you can cancel the sim only contracts with 30 days notice if your not happy with your provider.

I know theres only 1gb of data in the €20.33 deal but it's loads if you have wifi at home..

Advertisement