Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what kind of science degree is a BA in AG science degree?

• 03-07-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

It would be either a level 8 or 9

is it a biological/ biomedical/ animal science degree?

i think its biological ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noname123

You would want to check whether it is an honours or ordinary degree.
    It should be either level 7 or level 8.

It is definitely not level 9 - Level 9 is for masters

Check the course at www.qualifax.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

sorry i should have clarified that, it is a level 7 but there are progressions onto a level 8 which i what i plan to do

My question is is it a biological/ biomedical/ animal science degree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Its a Agricultural (farming) science degree isnt it? Hence the name.

no idea /: ive heard of people having it on their CAO as the long way route to vet-med.

you can do a post grad in vet-med in UCD if you hold an honours degree (NFQ LEVEL 8 ) in

"a biological/biomedical degree/animal science disipline at the level of 2.2 honours or above"

im just wondering would a level 8 or even if i did the level 9 in agscience suffice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Stressica wrote: »
    no idea /: ive heard of people having it on their CAO as the long way route to vet-med.

you can do a post grad in vet-med in UCD if you hold an honours degree (NFQ LEVEL 8 ) in

"a biological/biomedical degree/animal science disipline at the level of 2.2 honours or above"

im just wondering would a level 8 or even if i did the level 9 in agscience suffice?

I dont think degrees are actually classed like that, thats just UCD's way of explaining it, they would decide what is acceptable and what is not so email the admin office. There would be some animal science in it so im not sure.

• Advertisement

Oh Okay thank you, i was thinking of doing that, i'll give em an e-mail later :)

Advertisement