Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kona qualification correlation

Options
  • 03-07-2012 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭

Just looking at a few of the guys who have qualified for Kona in the past or would qualify if not pro or doing a non im event

LCD, Oweney M, Big Mac, M&M , Joe L as a small sample

All of these boys have done sub 9.30 IM's and would or have qualified before

My question is all these boys have also done sub 1 hr..or.1.01 sprints....and 2hr....202 Olympics. So is there a correlation between sprint and olympic times and ironman distance times as there appears to be in getting the kona qualification standard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Just looking at a few of the guys who have qualified for Kona in the past or would qualify if not pro or doing a non im event

LCD, Oweney M, Big Mac, M&M , Joe L as a small sample

All of these boys have done sub 9.30 IM's and would or have qualified before

My question is all these boys have also done sub 1 hr..or.1.01 sprints....and 2hr....202 Olympics. So is there a correlation between sprint and olympic times and ironman distance times as there appears to be in getting the kona qualification standard

I've other friends who have qualified for Kona mulitple times. At sprint, oly or half I'd probably have taken them, at IM - no.

IMHO there are no hard and fast correlations.

Advertisement