Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the Lunar Eclipse recommended for neutral gait?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have been having huge trouble finding a runner that is comfortable and fits well. This has been going on for months and I don't think I am anyway closer to a resolution.

My main problem is that my ankle is painful when running. Went to physio 1 and he said possibly due to Nike runners so switched back to ascics, no improvement. Was on holidays in New York so had gait analysis done and was recommended Mizuno Wave Creation 13, wore them for a while, found them heavy and ankle still not great. Went to physio 2, he thought the runners may be too structured and to try a more neutral shoe. Spent an hour in my local sports shop and finally decided on the pegasus. Had a heap of trouble getting them in and in the right size, eventually picked them up but they are a mile too big. Ran a race in them Friday night and nearly killed myself in them. I was devastated to say the least!

Back to sports shop and another round of trying on everything and ended up with the lunar eclipse 2. Fit wise is much better. Wore them for a speed session last night and so far so good, slipping a little but i think i may always have this problem. However, I see today that these are recommended as a stable shoe not a neutral :eek: I made it clear that a neutral shoe had been advised by the physio.

So my question now is what to do? Should I go back and complain...again!! Or continue to wear them and hope for the best.

Any advice appreciated, I am at the end of my tether where runners are concerned at this stage!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

sibeen99 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I have been having huge trouble finding a runner that is comfortable and fits well. This has been going on for months and I don't think I am anyway closer to a resolution.

My main problem is that my ankle is painful when running. Went to physio 1 and he said possibly due to Nike runners so switched back to ascics, no improvement. Was on holidays in New York so had gait analysis done and was recommended Mizuno Wave Creation 13, wore them for a while, found them heavy and ankle still not great. Went to physio 2, he thought the runners may be too structured and to try a more neutral shoe. Spent an hour in my local sports shop and finally decided on the pegasus. Had a heap of trouble getting them in and in the right size, eventually picked them up but they are a mile too big. Ran a race in them Friday night and nearly killed myself in them. I was devastated to say the least!

Back to sports shop and another round of trying on everything and ended up with the lunar eclipse 2. Fit wise is much better. Wore them for a speed session last night and so far so good, slipping a little but i think i may always have this problem. However, I see today that these are recommended as a stable shoe not a neutral :eek: I made it clear that a neutral shoe had been advised by the physio.

So my question now is what to do? Should I go back and complain...again!! Or continue to wear them and hope for the best.

Any advice appreciated, I am at the end of my tether where runners are concerned at this stage!

Thanks
    If they seem to be doing the job,stick with them. Im a neutral runner,but my shoe of choice is the Lunarglide 3 which has pretty much the same specs as the eclipse. Have a pair of neutral Sauconys and they kill me,even to walk a couple of miles in them.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sibeen99

sibeen99 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks
    If they seem to be doing the job,stick with them. Im a neutral runner,but my shoe of choice is the Lunarglide 3 which has pretty much the same specs as the eclipse. Have a pair of neutral Sauconys and they kill me,even to walk a couple of miles in them.:eek:

Thanks JohnnyCrash, I might just give them a go and hope for the best :-)

Advertisement