Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spelunky

Options
  • 03-07-2012 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

Great review on EG. 10/10.

I missed the PC release so might pick it up on Xbox now.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PC release is free if you want to try it. Will definitely pick this up myself. I think they improved the graphics for the 360 release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Was thinking of getting a 4200pt card for some of the Summer of Arcade games but this looks to be edging on or two of those out.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Looking forward to trying this out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Spelunky is the definition of unforgiving, but it's careful always to play fair: when you die, it's because you made a careless leap, pushed your luck against an unfamiliar monster, or weren't paying attention to your environment. You die because the game is better than you, and it drives you to better yourself.
    homer-drooling.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Top game, I love it. Very moreish. Just one more game. Then just one more. OK, last one. OK this is really the last one. I swear, this is my last attempt. F**king spider bastards. OK last time. Aaaargh those f**king darts. OK last time. Almost at the exit. Fffffuuuuucccckkkkkkk. OK, I'll get it this time.....

That was an hour ago, and I just switched it off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Played the demo earlier and liked it, its tough but not super meat boy rage tough :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is there an up to date version on PC or one planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Infuriating game, but as someone said earlier - it's always your own fault when you die. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Dcully wrote: »
    Is there an up to date version on PC or one planned?
    Technically there's no real reason it couldn't be released on the PC as the remake was developed in XNA. That being said, it was published by MS so at the very least it'll be a timed exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Picked this up, oh man is it crazy fun. Found a hidden exit to the Black Market and bought myself a servant (who runs around in his underwear.....what exactly were the terms of the contract again??) only for him to somehow steal a pair of spring shoes....therefore causing all the shopkeepers to go nuts. cue me clearing out every shop and making a beeline for the exit :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement