Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Stick Artwork-Where to get printing done?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 2:15pm

Does anyone know a good walk in shop or small printers in Dublin to get one or two pieces of custom artwork printed in high quality for an arcade stick?

I'm looking for somewhere where the staff doesn't look at me like i have 2 heads when i start talking about PSD files and CMYK and stuff, but who are happy to print just a couple of small pieces from a file and not looking for bigger commercial jobs only.

I've used snap printing for arcade artwork in the past, but they're more geared up for larger orders, it's almost like it's a hassle for them to deal with small private sales.

Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Reeds of Nassau St!

I don't actually know if they're particularly high quality, I just liked those ads.

(Also they seemed to be fine printing the evo qual posters)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

+1 for Reads of Nassau Street.

You should make sure to bring a ruler & check the hole sizes before accepting it though.

ladnopoka wrote: »
    this is the place where i printed out my custom artwork for my stick, place is good..

I think your link is a bit off. Do you mean reads of nassau street? The stationary shop down the road a bit?

EDIT: nevermind, reads seems to be where everybody is recommending. I think i'll try there.

Double EDIT: I see you meant their printing centre in the Setanta building. Thanks! i had no idea that was even there.

For the benefit of anyone else reading this, Reads print and design centre (not the stationary shop) seems really well set up to handle this stuff. I just got off the phone with them, they know their stuff re files, formats, colours, etc, and they are very reasonably priced and seemed helpful on the phone.

They quoted something like 2 or 3 euro a pop to get a sized CMYK print from PDF done in hi colour digital on 200 gram paper, and a 2 or 3 euro set up charge, so a couple of copies of my artwork will cost me less than a tenner.

Thanks for the tip everyone, will post back with impressions of their service & some pics once i get the stick sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If you're not getting plexi, you SHOULD get it laminated for a few quid more.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    If you're not getting plexi, you SHOULD get it laminated for a few quid more.

Have a plexi ready and waiting. Just need to get the printing sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

For anyone getting stuff printed down south, <b>9 to 6 </b>on Parnell Place in Cork City (on the corner of that street that goes past Smyths) did the medals I had printed. I asked them if they did arcade stick style cuts and they said it'd be fine.

I think everyone in Ireland should probably get all their stuff done there too: it's owned by a guy called Sheng Long.

Quick post back as promised now that I've sorted my stick artwork out. I got the printing done by Reads print and design in Dublin, as recommended by a few of you. They were excellent, very knowledgeable and very cheap too. Four high quality copies on SRA3 paper cost me less than €6. I would definitely use them again.

There's a pic of the finished stick here. It's a low-res snap for web board posts, so it doesn't show the full quality of the finish, but you'll get the idea.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

Advertisement