Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap prescriptions?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

anyone know of a cheap doctor anywhere in the city centre/northside/south side where you can go in to get prescriptions?
    I need a repeat of my pill and inhalers, have had the same prescription for years but my GP died and I haven't found a suitable replacement. any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Only a doctor can issue a prescription no way round it so find yourself a gp and get one issued

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Don't think, you can find a 'cheap' doctor these days, they all charge between 55 and 65 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Don't think, you can find a 'cheap' doctor these days, they all charge between 55 and 65 quid.

My doctor charges €45. He's in Fairview.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

My doctor charges €45. He's in Fairview.

Amazing, that's a difference of 20 Euro now. Is there no regulation about how much a GP can charge?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Amazing, that's a difference of 20 Euro now. Is there no regulation about how much a GP can charge?

Sounds like a Dr. Nick Riviera job but seems legit! €30
    https://www.drthom.ie/asthma/asthma_inhalers/blue_asthma_inhalers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My Doctor is €50 in Finglas Village.

Village Medical centre

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

kceire wrote: »
    My Doctor is €50 in Finglas Village.

Village Medical centre

but they wont see you unless you are registered with them and they are noy taking on new patients!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

€55 in Clondalkin Village,even to just go in for 2 minutes for a repeat prescription!

Friend of mine has being going to the same pharmacy for years and just gets the pharmacist there to give her whatever repeat script she needs every month,must try and build a relationship like that with my current pharmacist,would save €55 every 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

I go to Barrow Medical on Barrow St for my pill and once the doctor has seen you once you can just go to the nurse for your checkup for €30 and get your script. Not sure about an inhaler but you could call and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Medical centre is only €40 for the doctor and €20 for a repeat prescription
    http://www.primacare.ie/primacare_fees.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

take a trip to spain and bring back as many inhalers & BC Pills as you can afford without requiring a prescription :)

Advertisement