Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand delivery

Options
  • 03-07-2012 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭

UPS tracking says order should be here tomorrow, but it also says that it left England at 6am today, so that leaves plenty time for it to actually be here, and I just missed a random call from an 087 number on the house phone, but there's no history on the thing and I barely missed it so I saw the start of the number... could that have been them calling to see where the house is and I've missed them? All deliveries not done by irish post have to call to see where the house is because there's no number and stuff.

Basically, could it be here so soon, and if that was them calling and I missed it what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Eh, call them back? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Eh, call them back? :pac:

Can't see the number because the phone doesn't have a history thing! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Can't see the number because the phone doesn't have a history thing! :P

How do you know it was an 087 number? Surely there's a "call back" option?

Eboggles wrote: »

Ran to the phone while it was ringing and just saw the number disappear and I saw the start of the number which was 087 :P. I texted my dad about it since and he called to tell me to wait till tomorrow that if it was them, they would have to come back anyways! It probably wasn't even them, I'm just a little bit too excited about it coming

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lukasbolander

My delivery from them came in the post, so nobody will ring you probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

Eboggles wrote: »

Ran to the phone while it was ringing and just saw the number disappear and I saw the start of the number which was 087 :P. I texted my dad about it since and he called to tell me to wait till tomorrow that if it was them, they would have to come back anyways! It probably wasn't even them, I'm just a little bit too excited about it coming

the suspense is killin me too. i ordered last tuesday n they dispatched on friday. the stuff from dabs already arrived friday so just waitin for ze germans to get my build on. i think i have worn the ink off the mobo box from staring at it longingly over the weekend ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

I wish I could order from HWVS...
    Delayed my build for so long till the leaving cert was over (earned the money from last Summer's job, but decided against having a nice rig during the LC), and now Ulster Bank force me to wait even longer...
    A friend ordered a few things from them, I think they came by post, although I think it was small items.

I'm expecting two boxes, and UPS tracking says 16.1kgs and 8.7kgs so they're fairly big. Must cost hwvs a fortune to send!

Updated at 18:15 saying that it had reached Dublin. Looks like it will be on time. Hopefully early enough tomorrow but I presume they only start driving at like 8 am. Maybe take about 10 hours from then to actually get to here between swapping vans and lorries being loaded and unloaded, then allow 20 minutes for them to find the bloody house!

Gah so excited! H100 is already here with a samsung 830 ssd, and my dell u2711 of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭keithb93

I'm expecting two boxes, and UPS tracking says 16.1kgs and 8.7kgs so they're fairly big. Must cost hwvs a fortune to send!

Updated at 18:15 saying that it had reached Dublin. Looks like it will be on time. Hopefully early enough tomorrow but I presume they only start driving at like 8 am. Maybe take about 10 hours from then to actually get to here between swapping vans and lorries being loaded and unloaded, then allow 20 minutes for them to find the bloody house!

Gah so excited! H100 is already here with a samsung 830 ssd, and my dell u2711 of course!

I know how you feel mine is only at the scanning stage and Im constantly checking it to see where it is:D
    How are yours so heavy my full computer is only 11.3 kg?

keithb93 wrote: »

I know how you feel mine is only at the scanning stage and Im constantly checking it to see where it is:D
    How are yours so heavy my full computer is only 11.3 kg?
    I'm not sure why they're so heavy! Just a big case, and full build without cooler, screen keyboard/mouse. I hope they accidentally sent me two of everything!

• Advertisement

Just had to go collect them from Shannon. Got a CALL from someone at 6:20 saying that he didn't have a contact number and couldn't deliver.

Advertisement