Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMIT Distance Learning NCFE Accreditation

Options
  • 03-07-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey all!

I've been looking in to starting a distance learning course and have found one or two that I'm interested in on CMIT. A lot of the courses there offer FETAC qualifications but the one I'm most interested in offers accreditation from NCFE. Does anyone know if NCFE qualifications are recognised in the Republic of Ireland?

As usual, the first port of call was Google and I'm being told that it is recognised in the UK, including Northern Ireland but nothing about the Republic. Would anyone have any further insight in to this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 QueenieB

Hi Old McGroin (interesting name!). As far as I know NCFE is the UK equivalent of the FETAC awards. If it is bookkeeping you are interested in, check out http://www.ukopencollege.co.uk or http://www.training-link.co.uk. I got sample lessons from them recently and they were excellent. The first lesson alone covered most of the stuff I spent 10 lessons on in a FETAC course recently. They are accredited by ICB which is widely recognised in Ireland. ICB has launched in Ireland so these courses will eventually be tweeked to reflect Irish practices, I assume. Open University is fantastic however I just can't afford it at the moment. Also, Pitman, which is also widely available in Ireland, is very good but I find it expensive and also, would have to go to a centre to access the learning material. With either of these open courses, you can build up to a professional qualification at your own pace. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Old McGroin

Thanks QueenieB, the two links are very helpful, toying with the idea of walking the book-keeping road. Both your links look to have the same book-keeping courses but training-link is cheaper (better!).

Thanks again!

Advertisement