Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting Time for Test

• 03-07-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Does anyone have rough idea on how long the waiting time is for doing the driving test. I have a month left to wait before my 6 months are up but just want to get in there early.

Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Where are you located?
    Which test centre do you want to do your test at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

dre_jspeed wrote: »
    Does anyone have rough idea on how long the waiting time is for doing the driving test. I have a month left to wait before my 6 months are up but just want to get in there early.

Andy

You don't need to wait until your 6 months are up to apply. You can apply anytime and just choose dates where you're not available until such a date after your 6 months is up. You can do it via their site -- that's what I did. Apply now and just say you're unavailable from now until now +1 month.

Waiting times? I'm not sure. Depends on the area...they seem to wait until there are enough and then schedule a week or so of tests. You might get it the first week you're "available" or it could take a month or so. I'm not sure...don't think you will be waiting long though.

Just apply now.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭dre_jspeed

Going to do it in Tallaght.

Cheers for that lads. Will just book it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Had my test just over two years ago in Tallaght, applied in October and got my test in May.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Dublin is about 8 weeks waiting time at the moment.

• Advertisement

Book it now!

You should get a test in about 8 weeks.
    Could be a bit more, but doubt it will be less.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Dublin is about 8 weeks waiting time at the moment.

Are you looking at the waiting time for car tests? Because that has zero relation to the bike waiting times.

Are you looking at the waiting time for car tests? Because that has zero relation to the bike waiting times.

Who said anything about cars?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I was waiting 3 months for the Tallaght centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I was waiting just over a month in Meath.....

• Advertisement

Who said anything about cars?????

The waiting time for Tallaght is currently 9 weeks for cars. I know that the test centres place car testing as the no1 priority. So there is no way that the waiting time for bikes in Tallaght is anywhere near 9 weeks.

So where the **** did you get your figure of 8 weeks?

The waiting time for Tallaght is currently 9 weeks for cars. I know that the test centres place car testing as the no1 priority. So there is no way that the waiting time for bikes in Tallaght is anywhere near 9 weeks.

So where the **** did you get your figure of 8 weeks?

The ...."RSA"

If you use your brains and ask for a cancelation test,you can get a test faster than 8 weeks.

Also dont use foul words when posting to me.

Show some respect in your posts.

The ...."RSA"

Where did you magically find this information.

Did you kindly ring them for the OP? Did you send a email with a prompt response from them for the OP? Or did you just pull the 8 weeks figure from your ass. You still haven't answered my question.
    If you use your brains and ask for a cancelation test,you can get a test faster than 8 weeks.

Good luck with that, there are extremely limited numbers of bike tests to begin with.
    Also dont use foul words when posting to me.

Show some respect in your posts.

If you want some respect, back up your statements.

Cuddlesworth...You were given a very simple answer to your question.

But isnt it amazing that you dont adopt this "aggressive posting attitude" (posts 8,12 and 14) towards others here who have said 8 weeks.

I wonder why??

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

MOD: Lads, behave...

Your right, OP let us know how long it takes to get your test. I'll eat my hat if its 2 months.

Your right, OP let us know how long it takes to get your test. I'll eat my hat if its 2 months.

What is all the "attitude" for?:confused:

Cant everyone just get along in peace and harmony??

Now seen as you asked for specifics in your last "rant" of a post,heres my nephews test date.
    Please note the date of the email and also the date of the test.

Do you still want to argue the timescale for a test?????????

PS-Its very easy to pick up a phone,contact the RSA,speak to an RSA advisor on the phone to arrange a test date.

Please do not reply to this email. If you have a query in relation to your driving test, please email drivingtest@rsa.ie

Reference No.: 201**********

03/07/2012

Dear BYRNE,
    I am pleased to invite you to take your driving test and include details below.
    Date: Tuesday 07/08/2012 at 13:30
    Jamestown Business Park
    Jamestown Road
    Finglas, Dublin 11 Co. Dublin
    Category: A - MOTORCYCLE

Please read the attached leaflet Final Checks for your Driving Test. This tells you about important conditions that you must meet before taking your test.
    A first time holder of a Learner Permit (the code 991 will be noted opposite the category on your permit under the column marked Restrictions/Information) for licence categories of motorcycle, car and works vehicle (A,A1,M,B and W) must hold the Learner Permit for six months before taking the test (see attached Final Checks Leaflet regarding exemption). If you fail to meet these conditions, your test will not be conducted on the day and you will lose your fee.
    A holder of a current full driving licence in the category from another jurisdiction for more than six months is exempt from this requirement. To avail of this exemption you must forward the original driving licence and a letter of entitlement from your State licensing authority to the Customer Service Manager at the above address in advance of your test appointment so that we may verify your details and issue you with the relevant authorisation to produce at the driving test. Representative Vehicle : Two-wheeled motorcycle (sidecar permitted only in the case of a person with a disability) with an engine capacity greater than 125cc., and capable of a speed of at least 100km/h.
    If you cancel your test appointment and give less than ten days notice or if you cancel more than twice you will lose your test fee.
    You may cancel on our website www.rsa.ie, by fax on 096 78290, by email to cancelmytest@rsa.ie, in writing, or by phone. Our cancellation voicemail service at LoCall 1890 406040 operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please quote your reference number, included at the top of this letter, when you cancel.
    You will get more information on our website at www.rsa.ie.

Yours sincerely,
    Rosarii Flynn
    Driver Testing
    Road Safety Authority

I'm sorry, I obviously forgot that Tallaght was located in Finglas. Please forgive me, I'll work on my geography in future.

Also you get one of the below when you actually apply for the test. Your wait time is from the moment you apply, not the moment your test is scheduled. I got my test date three months later.

"I wish to acknowledge receipt of your driving test application and fee for Category A - MOTORCYCLE

You will be notified of your test appointment date 4 to 5 weeks before the test date. A list of waiting times for each test centre can be found on our website www.drivingtest.ie.

For the purpose of getting a third or subsequent Learner Permit, which will last for a period of one year, this letter may be used to provide evidence to the Motor Taxation Office that a driving test is being arranged for you.

Please note the following;

Quoting the reference number at the top of this letter will make it easier for us to help you with any questions you might have.
    If you want an earlier test appointment for employment reasons, you may forward a letter from your employer (employer's letterhead essential, with VAT number included, stating a full licence is needed for your work).
    The current edition of the Rules of the Road booklet is available from bookshops.

You will find more information about the driving test in the enclosed leaflet Preparing for your Driving Test. Our website www.drivingtest.ie gives more information on the test, including waiting times and location maps for all test centres."

I'm sorry, I obviously forgot that Tallaght was located in Finglas. Please forgive me, I'll work on my geography in future.

Is Tallaght the "only place" in Dublin you can do a motorbike test????

I note that you didnt attack P.Cs post (post 7) where he said 8 weeks time.

I wonder why you didnt attack that post???

PS-You might also learn to be a bit more polite and less aggressive in your postings too.

Manners cost nothing.

Regards.

• Advertisement

Also you get one of the below when you actually apply for the test. Your wait time is from the moment you apply, not the moment your test is scheduled. I got my test date three months later.

"I wish to acknowledge receipt of your driving test application and fee for Category A - MOTORCYCLE

You will be notified of your test appointment date 4 to 5 weeks before the test date. A list of waiting times for each test centre can be found on our website www.drivingtest.ie.

For the purpose of getting a third or subsequent Learner Permit, which will last for a period of one year, this letter may be used to provide evidence to the Motor Taxation Office that a driving test is being arranged for you.

Please note the following;

Quoting the reference number at the top of this letter will make it easier for us to help you with any questions you might have.
    If you want an earlier test appointment for employment reasons, you may forward a letter from your employer (employer's letterhead essential, with VAT number included, stating a full licence is needed for your work).
    The current edition of the Rules of the Road booklet is available from bookshops.

You will find more information about the driving test in the enclosed leaflet Preparing for your Driving Test. Our website www.drivingtest.ie gives more information on the test, including waiting times and location maps for all test centres."

So the 12/6/2012 to the 7/8/2012 isnt 8 weeks then???

MY maths make to be 8 weeks.

But by all means please,feel free to needlessly rant on,if you wish to.

Regards.

Please do not reply to this email. If you have a query in relation to your driving test, please email drivingtest@rsa.ie

Test Centre: Finglas

12/06/2012

Dear BYRNE,

I acknowledge receipt of your driving test application and fee for category A - MOTORCYCLE. We will notify you of your appointment details, generally up to four weeks before the date.

If you are applying for a third or subsequent one year Learner Permit, this letter should be used as evidence to the Motor Taxation Office that a driving test is being arranged for you.

Please note the following:

If you are a first time Learner Permit holder for licence categories of Motorcycle, Car or Works Vehicle (A, A1, M, B and W):
      <LI style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">The code 991 will appear opposite the licence category under the column headed restrictions/information; the category start date will appear opposite the licence category under the column headed 'ó/from' <LI style="TEXT-ALIGN: justify; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman">You must hold the Learner Permit for six months before taking the test. A holder of a current full driving licence in the category from another jurisdiction for more than six months is exempt (for details see
    [URL="mhtml:{968926DE-1E53-4856-BFCF-DA8BE466F19C}mid://00000132/!x-usc:http://www.rsa.ie/"]www.rsa.ie[/URL] or contact us).
    [*]A first time Learner Permit holder for a Car or Motorcycle, must take a structured driver training programme with an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) before taking the test. For car learner drivers this is known as Essential Driver Training (EDT) and applies to those whose first Learner Permit for licence category B has a start date on or after 4 April 2011. For motorcyclists, it is known as Initial Basic Training (IBT) and applies to those whose first Learner Permit for licence category A, A1 or M has a start date on or after 6 December 2010.
    Car drivers subject to EDT are required to produce evidence of completing EDT to the driver tester at their driving test appointment. You must show the tester the lesson certification page in your EDT logbook, completed, stamped and signed by your ADI.
    The attached leaflet will give you information on preparing for your test; for more information on this and about IBT and EDT please visit [URL="mhtml:{968926DE-1E53-4856-BFCF-DA8BE466F19C}mid://00000132/!x-usc:http://www.rsa.ie/"]www.rsa.ie[/URL].

Yours sincerely,
    John Scott
    Driver Testing Section
    Road Safety Authority

03/07/2012

Dear BYRNE,
    Date: Tuesday 07/08/2012 at 13:30
    Jamestown Business Park
    Jamestown Road

Please read the attached leaflet Final Checks for your Driving Test. This tells you about important conditions that you must meet before taking your test.
    A first time holder of a Learner Permit (the code 991 will be noted opposite the category on your permit under the column marked Restrictions/Information) for licence categories of motorcycle, car and works vehicle (A,A1,M,B and W) must hold the Learner Permit for six months before taking the test (see attached Final Checks Leaflet regarding exemption). If you fail to meet these conditions, your test will not be conducted on the day and you will lose your fee.
    A holder of a current full driving licence in the category from another jurisdiction for more than six months is exempt from this requirement. To avail of this exemption you must forward the original driving licence and a letter of entitlement from your State licensing authority to the Customer Service Manager at the above address in advance of your test appointment so that we may verify your details and issue you with the relevant authorisation to produce at the driving test. Representative Vehicle : Two-wheeled motorcycle (sidecar permitted only in the case of a person with a disability) with an engine capacity greater than 125cc., and capable of a speed of at least 100km/h.
    If you cancel your test appointment and give less than ten days notice or if you cancel more than twice you will lose your test fee.
    You may cancel on our website www.rsa.ie, by fax on 096 78290, by email to cancelmytest@rsa.ie, in writing, or by phone. Our cancellation voicemail service at LoCall 1890 406040 operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please quote your reference number, included at the top of this letter, when you cancel.

Yours sincerely,
    Rosarii Flynn
    Driver Testing
    Road Safety Authority

:rolleyes:

Last edited by paddy147; Yesterday at 22:50. Reason: spelling correction

What was the edit Paddy, dates didn't work out for you?

You can edit all the dates in the world, test times in tallaght for motorbikes have never been eight weeks.

You can edit all the dates in the world, test times in tallaght for motorbikes have never been eight weeks.

And you would know the waiting times for a FACT???

Do you work for the RSA and log test dates?????

Why dont yoyu attack P.C,s post where he also states 8 weeks??

Please tell me that,why wont you attack that post??????

Now just to show that picking up a phone and actually ringing the RSA can do for you.

My nephew rang up this mornning and got a "cancelation test" for next Friday at 3pm.

And all it took was the price of a call to an 1890 number and about 2 minutes of a very polite conversation on the phone to a very helpfull lady in the RSA.

05/07/2012

(PLEASE QUOTE in all correspondence)

Dear BYRNE,

I acknowledge receipt of your request to cancel a test appointment made for your A - MOTORCYCLE driving test which was scheduled to be conducted on Tuesday 07/08/2012 at 13:30 in Finglas.

Your application is still valid and another test appointment will be issued to you in due course. There is a limit of two cancellations of driving test appointments before you forfeit your fee.

Please contact me directly if I can help you in any way.

Yours sincerely,
    Vivienne Moran
    Driver Testing Section
    Road Safety Authority

05/07/2012

Dear BYRNE,
    Date: Friday 13/07/2012 at 15:00
    Jamestown Business Park
    Jamestown Road

Yours sincerely,
    Vivienne Moran
    Driver Testing
    Road Safety Authority

A person isnt alllowed to edit for spelling errors ????

Isnt it absolutelty amazing that you knowabsolutely everything about the RSA though???
    Yet not a single shred of anything to back up anything you have posted.:rolleyes:

You personaly attack me with foul and crude language for saying 8 weeks,but you dont have a go at P.C or anyone else who said 8 weeks waiting time.

Why dont you attack those other posters aswell?????
    Please explain that to me.

Know what lads forget, I'll wait for the email. Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

This is all dre_jspeed's fault. He shouldn't be asking such comple questions!

Yes rat_race its all my fault lol.

Thread locked - stupid argument.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement