Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Investment Options

Options
  • 03-07-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I am a newbie in the investment field,i am willing to explore the best investment options available out there and to start off i want to know about those involving minimum risk.... Please i need some advice,any information will be highly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hi
    I am a newbie in the investment field,i am willing to explore the best investment options available out there and to start off i want to know about those involving minimum risk.... Please i need some advice,any information will be highly appreciated!!

stick it in a savings account

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nuclearpuppy

@bluewolf:thank you,can you elaborate a bit??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

@bluewolf:thank you,can you elaborate a bit??

Why don't you elaborate?

Are you prepared to lose some / all of the money? If not then putting it into a bank account as Bluewolf has said is your best option.

Link to best saving rates on AAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭rugbyman

NEWBIE, there are plenty of threads asking your question over the last few years. have a look

you will come across the gambling/investment arguement among others.

if you place it in a savings acount(and if you have it you saved it or got it suddenly) it will not increase much. i assume you want it to grow a fair bit so start reading the threads.

you wont find an easy answer but you ll read lots of views

Regards, rugbyman

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nuclearpuppy

all right.....savings account sounds cool,anyway i came across some other forums having the information i needed....thanks anyways!!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12 consultan

LOOKING to protect your wealth and make big money today?
    On the 19th of July 2012, one of the greatest investors and money manager Dr Marc Faber warned investors that The World Is Heading Toward A Major Crisis The breaking point could be three, four, five years away. - in Smart Money, there is coming Global Crash, US Bond Bubble & Chinese Slowdown.

Are you getting prepared?

Marc Faber is an international investor known for his uncanny predictions.
    There's a secure store of physical gold bullion in Zurich where every last gram is owned by private individuals who are getting prepared now like you.
    It outweighs most central-bank gold reserves, sheltering its owners from currency shocks and the risk of credit default.
    And you can join them today — at no cost to yourself — in owning professional-grade bullion offshore in Switzerland.
    You will also receive a detailed report on Five Myths of the Gold Market, so you can judge for yourself whether converting your money into gold could help defend your savings in 2012-2013.
    I have discovered a great way to make money with them after they were granted the queen award. I started with 1gram of gold that they gave me for free and now I have achieved holdings of more than 100k Euro in less than 2 years, money keeps growing in gold.
    Claim this in-depth report, plus your free complimentary gram of Zurich gold, when you join now the secure vault and start your wealth journey.
    "Gold rose 600% in the 1970s," says billionaire Jim Rogers, world-famous commodities trader and best-selling author of Adventure Capitalist.
    "Then gold went down nearly every month for two years.
    "Most people gave up — but then it went up another 850%."
    Gold pulled back again after a huge surge in early 2008. Now it's trading more than $1,600 an ounce. It's slipped back against the Euro and Pound Sterling, too; but now it is above 1300 Euro and more than 1000 Pounds
    But that's simply "what happens in bull markets," as Jim Rogers says. And joining this bull market now could prove very rewarding if the Dollar, Euro and Pound all continue to slide against bullion.
    "Talk of a gold bubble is nonsense", says Dr Faber "there is no sign of the price surge you saw with the Nasdaq bubble or oil stocks in the late 70s, or the jump in the gold price from $380 an ounce to $800 between November 1979 and February 1980"
    Why not find out for yourself, starting for free today?
    To get hard facts — instead of just hype — simply claim this free gram of gold, plus this in-depth report.
    Very few investors or savers own real physical gold outright today. Fewer still hold gold offshore in professional storage. And accepting this gram of gold today won't put you under any obligation to buy or sell in the future; it just introduces you to the world of richness to join rich investors.
    This way simply makes buying gold and selling it easy. No hidden charges, plus very tight spreads, make it the most cost-effective route to owning physical gold bullion for private investment.
    That's why London's Mail on Sunday featured its gold-dealing service last summer. This vault has been reviewed by Der Spiegel and Capital magazines in Germany. Britain's leading financial newspaper, the Financial Times recently ran a full-page interview with Paul Tustain, the founder and director.
    It confirmed that they "dramatically" cut the costs of private gold ownership.
    If you'd like to learn more and receive this in-depth report on How the Gold Market REALLY Works today, claim your free Zurich gold now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cannonballer

Apple stocks (AAPL) have been down a little recently, but given there are a bunch of new rumored products and analysts have nearly all set a pretty high target price, its probably a better bet.

Plus they are planning a dividend payment in the coming years.

If you bought 12 months ago you would have doubled your investment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 96 ✭✭bull_ring

Apple stocks (AAPL) have been down a little recently, but given there are a bunch of new rumored products and analysts have nearly all set a pretty high target price, its probably a better bet.

Plus they are planning a dividend payment in the coming years.

If you bought 12 months ago you would have doubled your investment.

apple is going down in the short term , look to buy well under $ 550 in the next month , their will be no QE 3 next week which will send it lower after lower than expected earnings last week

Advertisement