Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get free wifi to study online?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 3:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭

I've just started an online course but the set up in my house isn't very conducive to studying.

Is there anywhere I can get free wifi and study for an hour or two per day? Does the library have free wifi?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

skoomi wrote: »
    I've just started an online course but the set up in my house isn't very conducive to studying.

Is there anywhere I can get free wifi and study for an hour or two per day? Does the library have free wifi?

Mc donalds usually have free wifi in most of their places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

There is supposed to be free internet in public spaces across the city in locations such as Bishop Lucey Park, the City Library and Grand Parade - don't know for certain if it's up yet but I think I heard it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Move house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Douglas shopping centre...oh wait. Too soon?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,385 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Most public libraries have free wifi. They do in Dublin anyway, am sure Cork is the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Maybe some more info on it here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055316712 (Post numbers 38 & 43).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

Doylers wrote: »
    Mc donalds usually have free wifi in most of their places

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

He is not joking - they do have wifi - you have to get the scratch card thing from them to activate it as far as i remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

You get half an hour's free WiFi in the Webworkhouse Café on Winthrop St. with every hot drink as far as I know. You can pay for extra then, or if you buy another hot drink you get another one free.

I think it's probably a better bet than McDonald's anyway, and it's probably quieter, too. Plus, if you need to do any photocopying from books or any printing they have all that stuff there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭skoomi

Xantia wrote: »
    He is not joking - they do have wifi - you have to get the scratch card thing from them to activate it as far as i remember.

I was wondering if he was joking because I asked for a place where I could study, and he recommended McDonalds. ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

I know - McDonalds/Study - they dont go together really!

Maybe a library - if the Douglas one re-opens

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

I'd say web workhouse on winthropp st. about 4 doors down from mcdonalds. it's a really nice place, and you can chill and study with a coffee in the cafe half, or pay €5 for 4 hours in the internet cafe half. brilliant place, everything you need. not free, but it's the best you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Is Douglas library open?
    Do they have free wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

If you show your working on studying the library will give you free or reduced rate Internet access

Advertisement