Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"No Couples Allowed"!

Options
  • 03-07-2012 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am just wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding a double room for a couple to rent in Galway. Every advertisement on rent.ie and daft.ie says NO COUPLES ALLOWED! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Do you mean in shared accomodation?
    People do not like to live with couples in shared accomodation.
    If you look for a one bedroom apartment to rent you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nadalr

yes i mean in shared accommodation because we want to live with other people and it would be cheaper as one beds are expensive..i understand why people dont want to live with couples but surely there are some options available to couples! it's like we're the lepers of today's society!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭not even wrong

Rent a 2-bed and then sublet the second room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

nadalr wrote: »
    I am just wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding a double room for a couple to rent in Galway. Every advertisement on rent.ie and daft.ie says NO COUPLES ALLOWED! :confused:

Why don't you put a post on Daft advertising for another couple to share the 2 bed with?

Couples with singles in shared acc simply does not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Rent a 2-bed and then sublet the second room.
    Rent a 2-bed and then rent out the 2nd bedroom on a rent a room basis, with yourselves as live-in landlords.

In a sub-let situation, the original tenant moves out and the new tenant moves in. The original tenant remains liable to the original landlord for all the terms and conditions in the lease agreement while becoming the "head tenant" and landlord to the new tenant.

A tenant with a sub-let agreement has many rights under the RTA 2004 and the original landlord has less rights over the sub-tenant.

In either case, you must get written permission from the landlord of the property before any kind of renting out by a tenant would probably be a breach of the conditions of the lease agreement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

yes i mean in shared accommodation because we want to live with other people and it would be cheaper as one beds are expensive..i understand why people dont want to live with couples but surely there are some options available to couples! it's like we're the lepers of today's society!:mad:

That's because, in general, a couple in a shared place want to pay for one person but have the consumption of two. I've been there, done that and had all the arguments.

Good advice on this thread and I might also suggest finding a place that has two rooms for rent and taking them both. Narrows your search I know but you might get lucky and cut a deal with a place with a tiny boxroom as a "spare".

SSE

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I am just wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding a double room for a couple to rent in Galway
    Search by max rent as opposed to rooms of the house, and get a place for yourself.

Reasons for no couples; MASSIVE GENERALISATIONS, no offence meant
    They want to pay the same as only one person staying there.
    If there is two people already there, the couple will want to pay only a 3rd of the bills, instead of half
    If there is any discussion, the couple will want it their way (and the other tenants will leave, and no new tenants will want to move in, so the LL is down cash).

Advertisement