Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Immigration /Asylum

• 03-07-2012 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hi,
    Now we are in a recession and there is no work. I live in a small town but each day I see different Africans .When I am in the welfare to queue I see different faces each month. Not racist just easier to spot . There must be many other nationalities too.
    This issue of Asylum is not discussed given the accepted fact that over 90% are false. Why does Ireland not opt out of such a sham system . The Dublin agreement stated that those Asylum seekers are only accepted here if it is the first country they enter. They have finally started to discover on investigation in the UK from a sample of 600 two thirds already have sought asylum there . What about those who have come from mainland Europe !! How many have got citizenship or leave to remain !
    They get citizenship and can bring more of their family to claim welfare.
    There is also a published fact that 50% of sub sahara Africans are HIV+ of the total number infected in Ireland in 2010.
    The access to the welfare system is all too easy given the huge cost at present to the state.
    There is no exit stamp on passports or no certificate of freedom for marriage only a divorce cert.There is no photo ID for welfare .How many signatures are forged each week.
    What has happened is that those who just want to come here for a visit are refused. I have foreign friends who cannot visit here now .
    I have worked for 38 years here and lost my job .You do feel a sense of betrayal when people can just walk into this country and collect welfare with nothing only a smile.I have my own house paid for, now its a property tax soon water charges and reduction in welfare.
    There seems to be a veil of secrecy on this issue.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

atkin wrote: »
    Hi,
    Now we are in a recession and there is no work. I live in a small town but each day I see different Africans .When I am in the welfare to queue I see different faces each month. Not racist just easier to spot . There must be many other nationalities too.
    This issue of Asylum is not discussed given the accepted fact that over 90% are false. Why does Ireland not opt out of such a sham system . The Dublin agreement stated that those Asylum seekers are only accepted here if it is the first country they enter. They have finally started to discover on investigation in the UK from a sample of 600 two thirds already have sought asylum there . What about those who have come from mainland Europe !! How many have got citizenship or leave to remain !
    They get citizenship and can bring more of their family to claim welfare.
    There is also a published fact that 50% of sub sahara Africans are HIV+ of the total number infected in Ireland in 2010.
    The access to the welfare system is all too easy given the huge cost at present to the state.
    There is no exit stamp on passports or no certificate of freedom for marriage only a divorce cert.There is no photo ID for welfare .How many signatures are forged each week.
    What has happened is that those who just want to come here for a visit are refused. I have foreign friends who cannot visit here now .
    I have worked for 38 years here and lost my job .You do feel a sense of betrayal when people can just walk into this country and collect welfare with nothing only a smile.I have my own house paid for, now its a property tax soon water charges and reduction in welfare.
    There seems to be a veil of secrecy on this issue.

The bold part. Links please and please note that saying "i'm not racist" doesnt cut it if you havent hard facts to back up the 90% figure

Just to let you know i spent 4 years working in asylum law in the mid-noughties. So enlighten me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This won't end well, considering how badly it started. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement