Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed Roof

Options
  • 03-07-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

In the process of building a shed at the moment. It is roughly 15ft x 11ft built with 9" cavity blocks. I was thinking of a sloping roof sloping from back to front. Front will be ten courses high so how many courses would I need to go at the rear to get a sufficient pitch for the rainwater? I had planned on using concrete tiles on the roof. The brickie suggested 14 courses at the back. would this be a sufficient fall?

Also what size rafters would I need?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

a7v8x wrote: »
    In the process of building a shed at the moment. It is roughly 15ft x 11ft built with 9" cavity blocks. I was thinking of a sloping roof sloping from back to front. Front will be ten courses high so how many courses would I need to go at the rear to get a sufficient pitch for the rainwater? I had planned on using concrete tiles on the roof. The brickie suggested 14 courses at the back. would this be a sufficient fall?

Also what size rafters would I need?

7 x 2 inch rafters.

Why not go for non drip tile effect roof cladding instead.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 a7v8x

Thanks for the reply. What price is the cladding and do you get any condensation on the underside? Who stocks it?

Thanks in advance :)

Advertisement