Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sci-fi conventions or should i say lack of.

Options
  • 03-07-2012 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

why is it that ireland lacks behind most countries when it comes to sci-fi conventions. even though i'm a star wars fanatic i'm posting this in sci fi as the link below really tells it all about the stars attending. we have about two a year which is aimed at the star wars end of things. i've been to them all in dublin and have only really enjoyed the one in the R.D.S. last year. even still it could've been a whole lot better. again referring to the link i'm posting i think i'll be going to the uk in future. i think something like what the uk have would be a huge success here and they tend to have numerous of these conventions every year. i do believe this country has a huge sci-fi following.
    T.B.H. i was gobsmacked seeing the list attending and it made me realise what we are truly missing in this country. the only thing stopping me going to this is the cost of flights. the entry fee is pittance and the autographs seem reasonable ( click on the stars pic to see their autograph fee). your thoughts please.

http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/

Comments

Advertisement