Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live?

Options
  • 03-07-2012 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

I'm moving to the Kildare area soon, and I'm hoping for some suggestions on where to live. I will be working in Athy, but hope to live close to the M7 for travelling purposes.
    I was thinking maybe Naas? I'd like to buy a house, and set up shop for a few years. Any nice housing estate recommendations?
    I would like to live somewhere close to amenities, but more in the suburbs, like a 2-3 bed house.
    It would need to be a safe area in case I consider having kids in the future

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Where are you moving from op?

What things are important for you to have close by?

In terms of living near the M7 and also reasonable close to Athy, I'd maybe suggest Kilcullen or Monasterevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I would say the north side of the town is probably the better option for you. I live in Gleann na Riogh and its really close to everything and I can be in my car and on the Motorway/N7 in a few min.
    In this area you have Monread Park. Also you have the Globe retail park with Woodies, etc and Tesco around the corner on the Monread Rd.
    Other estates in this area to look at would be The Park, Kerdiff, Aylmer & Morrell.

This house has only just come on the market (for example)
    http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/13-gleann-na-riogh-crescent-naas/1979657
    Its actually a detached and is in very good condition. Around the corner from me and there is a green area for kids 20m away. The house is also in a cul-de-sac of about 14 houses.
    There is a local primary school 10min walk on the Sallins Rd and this is beside Naas GAA

If you need any more info, let me know. I've been living here 16yr
    Also plenty good pubs & restaurants

Advertisement