Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kayak fishing on the Shannon

Options
  • 03-07-2012 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi all
    I am out of work a while now and i came up with a small business idea. I do small bit of kayaking and a lot of fishing and together it is great fun and an advantage of getting to hard to reach spots. Just trying to do a bit of research on it and my question to you the angler is would you try it,apart from tourists would there be a local market?I know i would have to do a few courses first just wondering would it be worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

I'd do it on the shannon for pike...

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

viper123 wrote: »
    I'd do it on the shannon for pike...
    Guess i just gave you my idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

bizzyb wrote: »
    Guess i just gave you my idea!!

Much as I'd love it it's a long commute from Dunlin every day! If someone provided the service I'd definitely use it, I think the end result though is I'd either not enjoy it, or I would enjoy it and just end up buying a kayak myself - either way I'd say a lot of your business would be once offs. You might be better off if you also provided standard lake boats as well to cover people incapable of transporting one around the country.

Advertisement