Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christchurch electricial work/general information!

Options
  • 03-07-2012 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hey lads hope ya can help.as i near the end of my apprenticeship (electricial) iam startin to plan my options i have been weighing up the oz/nz debate and have opted to go for nz christchurch mid november all goin well. iam just wondering what the current state of christchurch has new building work started yet? and would it be easy to get cons work/work as a trade assistant till i get my irish fetac qualification changed over?.also am looking on skyscanner.ie flights one way comeing up around 750euro good?also regards liveing i understand a lot of the hostels in the city were destroyed just wondering could anyone recommand a hostel to stay in till i get sorted? iam heading on my own ,(i no i must be mad) but i have spent a lot longer then 4 years it should have took me to get quailfied so i want to go overseas even if just for a year:D..also i should have 4000euro would that get me bye for a month till i hopefully get a job?..and if anyone else has any info about christchurch it would be mostly welcome.sorry i have asked so many questions:rolleyes: just hope ye can help.
    thanks rj:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Youll definitely pick up work in no time.
    Most of the lads working as tradies here have no qualification or experience in the field they are working in. Its like a fire sale here at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Salmonfella

Thanks for your reply, are you in christchurch atm? is electricial work freely avaiable? could you reccomand any agenices to contact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Salmonfella

Anyone else?:rolleyes::D

Advertisement