Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Licences now €20

• 03-07-2012 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

So far as I remember Dog Licences last year were €12.50. Renewal notices have just arrived – the cost now is €20.

Our outlay now is €60 compared to €37.50.

When did that happen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

My renewal notices came in mid May and the fee was €20. I was quite shocked also as I'd heard nothing about an increase either. I guess the law abiding citizens are paying for the non-compliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

It's been known for a couple of years now but I guess more word of mouth on the internet more than due to advertising. They really should of advertised it better. I guess it's like anything tv licence etc. has to be paid, but it's not that well enforced and it's a pity some of it doesn't at least to to rescues rather than paying to have strays put to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

It's only been out since late last year as my jack russel was only €12.50 to get licenced this month last year, but hers is now €20 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mr.Noonan announced it in the budget.
    Rates

An individual dog licence costs €12.70 and is valid for one year. From 1 January 2012 the rate is €20.

A general dog licence costs €253.95. From 1 January 2012 the rate is €400.

The cost of the new 'lifetime of dog' licence, available from 1 January 2012, will be €140.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/environment/animal_welfare_and_control/control_of_dogs.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I paid online with my CoCo which is a new thing over the last year.

I'd love to know exactly what they do with the €20?

They don't check for licenses in my town so I'd say alot of people don't have them.

They spent thousands rebuilding roundabouts recently - pity they didn't put the money towards the local pound - only keeps dogs for 5 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭MrReynholm

Snip.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Reynholm--Thats a potentially libellous statement to make.
    Ive removed your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

If the government showed as much intent on collecting license fees as they do the household charge maybe the fees would not have not increased. It's getting tiring paying dog license fees when we know the majority of people don't pay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Goafer

Condatis wrote: »
    So far as I remember Dog Licences last year were €12.50. Renewal notices have just arrived – the cost now is €20.

Our outlay now is €60 compared to €37.50.

When did that happen?

Stealth taxation if you ask me, my dog is black and white. Licenses are cheaper :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 Goafer

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Reynholm--Thats a potentially libellous statement to make.
    Ive removed your post.

Now I'm curious, I missed what he wrote :'( wanna tell me what he said ?? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Shint0 wrote: »
    My renewal notices came in mid May and the fee was €20. I was quite shocked also as I'd heard nothing about an increase either. I guess the law abiding citizens are paying for the non-compliant.

You get a renewal notice? I've never got one so it's usually only by chance that I remember to renew them, mostly a few weeks after they were due!

Advertisement