Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

us airways philadephia -nyc -dub connection time

Options
  • 03-07-2012 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

saw these flights on skyscanner today for 337 but concerned about the short connection time. anyone know if its realistic to only leave these times for the connecting flights. thanks
    01 February 2013
    11:00DUB DublinUS AirwaysUS72313:40PHL Philadelphia International7h 40Connect in airport1h 2515:05PHL Philadelphia InternationalUS AirwaysUS422816:04LGA New York La Guardia0h 59
    Arrives on 10 February 2013

brand_Flight_inbound_icon.png09 February 2013

17:45LGA New York La GuardiaUS AirwaysUS458119:04PHL Philadelphia International1h 19Connect in airport1h 5621:00PHL Philadelphia InternationalUS AirwaysUS722(+1) 08:50DUB Dublin6h 50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

That's an absolute mess [copy and paste into text exit or something first ;)]

However, as you'll pre-clear immigration in Dublin and your bags will be checked through you should have plenty of time outbound.

Inbound you should also be fine, your bag will be checked through etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

oops yeah just noticed that..thanks for that they are nearly 200 euro cheaper than aerlingus direct so for an extra couple of hours its worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

That's a great price tbh, I'd go for it. 1h 25m/1h 56m connection is nothing to worry about in PHL - especially with pre-clearance in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

Hi I just booked flights with US airways for same route with stopover time of 2 hours.
    Only thing is I'm flying into Terminal A and departing from Terminal F I'm guessing I don't need to go through security etc again and all the terminals are connected?? Will that be enough time?
    Sorry if this is stupid question never got a connecting flight before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

There is a shuttle bus from Terminal B which will bring you to Terminal F. You remain airslide so no need to re-clear security.

2 hours is plenty of time since Pre-Clearance is done at Dublin so you arrive into PHL as a domestic passenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I've just done this trip. My flight from Phili to lga got canceled because of the storm some drove up.

On the way back down our flight from lga to Phili was at 6:30 and the phili to Dublin flight was at 9:05. We got caught up in a traffic jam to take off at phili and were about 45th in line to fly taxi from our stand to take off. The flit ended up being delayed and didn't get in until 8:00. The flight itself is only about 25 mins.

We still made it to our plane for Dublin at 8:40 and we had stopped to buy stuff at the shop and went to the toilet too.

Don't worry if you miss your connection, they'll most likely out you up in a hotel anyways and you can get a flight the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

cloneslad wrote: »

Don't worry if you miss your connection, they'll most likely out you up in a hotel anyways and you can get a flight the next day.

^^^

Not necessarily, it would depend on the reason for missing the connection and also it you are traveling on the one ticket.

They may put you on the next AVAILABLE flight but won't bump a confirmed passenger to accommodate you .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

^^^

Not necessarily, it would depend on the reason for missing the connection and also it you are traveling on the one ticket.

They may put you on the next AVAILABLE flight but won't bump a confirmed passenger to accommodate you .

That's true. It is the one to ticket with this trip and they are actually quite good to deal with. They even offered 6 of us a flight the following day, and a hotel room due to the hurricane. We had to get to new York as soon as possible so we rented a car instead.

Advertisement