Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying to UCD arts

Options
  • 03-07-2012 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having trouble understanding how ucd arts works. I've applied for english and art history and I'm not worried about getting the points but a lot of people have told me that the points shown are for arts in general and just because you get the points doesn't mean you'll get into the subjects you've chosen.
    This is something that has been worrying me and I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat.
    If I don't get the subjects I want, do I go down to my next choice of course or am I stuck in UCD arts and have to do whatever there is...?

On the website, they said details on electives and registration etc would be put up at the end of June but nothing has been updated yet...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

laurenm94 wrote: »
    I'm just wondering if anyone else is having trouble understanding how ucd arts works. I've applied for english and art history and I'm not worried about getting the points but a lot of people have told me that the points shown are for arts in general and just because you get the points doesn't mean you'll get into the subjects you've chosen.
    This is something that has been worrying me and I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat.
    If I don't get the subjects I want, do I go down to my next choice of course or am I stuck in UCD arts and have to do whatever there is...?

On the website, they said details on electives and registration etc would be put up at the end of June but nothing has been updated yet...
    I could never understand how arts at CD works. It kind of put me off applying . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭conor93a

I have UCD Arts down as well, and my guidance counselor told me that you were guaranteed the subjects you put down, as long as you get the points for Arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

If you have applied specifically for subjects (Eng and Art History) through the CAO you would get preference over those who didn't decide. If you didn't choose subjects and left it until registration day you would have less of a chance of getting your choice, esp in the case of English.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

if you picked those subjects i'm fairly sure if you don't get it your not stuck in arts! you will get your next choice on cao
    if you have any other questions , my sister just graduated from arts :)

Advertisement