Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Speed has become very slow

Options
  • 03-07-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I am on 8Mb NGB Broadband.

I usually get 2.50Mb download speed but a few days ago it began to disconnect every few seconds. This has since stopped but since this morning the speed has gotten very slow.

It is now at around .35Mb which is huge drop.
    2043405738.png

I would appreciate it if you could look into this for me, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I am on 8Mb NGB Broadband.

I usually get 2.50Mb download speed but a few days ago it began to disconnect every few seconds. This has since stopped but since this morning the speed has gotten very slow.

It is now at around .35Mb which is huge drop.
    2043405738.png

I would appreciate it if you could look into this for me, cheers.

Hi obliviousgrudge,

Can you PM your phone number so I can check the broadband sync and connection on the Auth server.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Sent

Hi obliviousgrudge,

Thanks, I have replied to your PM.

Best regards,
    Ant

Internet is now working again, the phone doesn't seem to be for some reason.

The internet is even slower now, though, at least it's working.

2045367775.png

Funnily enough I signed into a contract with Eircom a few weeks ago (we weren't on a contract before) and I just "knew" something would go wrong once we had agreed to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Internet is now working again, the phone doesn't seem to be for some reason.

The internet is even slower now, though, at least it's working.

2045367775.png

Funnily enough I signed into a contract with Eircom a few weeks ago (we weren't on a contract before) and I just "knew" something would go wrong once we had agreed to it.

Hi obliviousgrudge,

Have checked this with Ant this morning. The fault is now logged on the account so an engineer will be out to check the connection in the next couple of days. I can assure you that the new contract and the fault are completely unrelated, simply a coincidence with regards the timing. When the engineer comes out, let us know here and we'll check it again. One thing that might be worth checking in the meantime is this checklist from our own forum that gives the basic troubleshooting steps. Probably wouldn't resolve the fault but it will eliminate the most common causes. Once the engineer has physically checked the line let us know and we'll look into further here..

Thanks

James

• Advertisement

Do you have any idea how long it takes for an engineer to come out?

The internet has gone completely now, it was working at .13Mb/s this morning for about 20 minutes.

Engineers came out this afternoon. All looking well.

2048414780.png

Speed seems a little faster now too.

Advertisement